Senior Manager Data Governance - Contract
About the opportunity Department overview
This role is part of the FIL Data Governance Team, you will report to the Head of Data Governance. The team supports the global organisation by working with Data Stewards and Data Owners to ensure the quality of the organisations data is accurate and fit for purpose for those that have an appropriate business need for the data. The team has ownership of the FIL Data Governance Framework and supporting standards and policies. The future responsibilities of the team may change as the Framework is further rolled out across the organisation and regulatory requirements for data in the industry are increasing. What you can expect
- Promote Data Governance: You would actively promote the Data Governance Council, the Data Governance Framework and the target Data Architecture across the organisation, including presentations, training sessions, an intranet site and other communication mechanisms. You would act as an ambassador for business data governance across Fidelity.
- Deputise for the Head of Data Governance:
- Assisting with the management of the Data Governance team.
- Supporting the Data Governance team, including sharing expertise, reviewing management reports and assisting team members to achieve stakeholder commitment.
- Central Data Oversight Model (Domain Management)
- I am responsible for the oversight model in my business domain, I will measure their adherence to our Data Governance Policy and Standards. I will ensure action plans are created and monitored against any gaps in adherence to policy and standards.
- Engaged in the data programmes as an SME for Data Governance, I support the data programme and escalate via the Data governance operating model where needed
Data Steward forums
- Assisting in pack preparation, Escalation of aged and high priority data issues, Escalation of key decisions required
Data role holder engagement
- Managing data stewards resolution of data issues
- Training of Collibra to ensure adoption of metatdata management
- Data governance is applied
- I track all KPI's in relation to my domain as outlined on the Data Governance domain scorecard
- Working closely with Data owners/stewards to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities as laid out in the accountability standards for all data initiatives laid out in the FIL data strategy.
(Data Maturity Assessments)
Policies and Standards
- Complete Qtrly with the data programmes and key business stakeholders
- Outcomes should be action based on what needs to change to further maturity
- I know what is within the policy and what this means for me and my business domain
Data Quality Issue management
- Ensuring the data academy is adopted, Holding ad hoc training sessions on topics to educate the business and data role holders, actively seek data education to upskill my own knowledge to ensure I can assist and guide the business on data management practices.
Data risk management within your domain
- Triage of issues within Data governance Data Issue Management Platform
- Reviewing and calling out themes and trends for remediation and mitigation
- Ensuring root cause and remediation efforts are strategic and will deter future events from re-occurring
Records Management - working knowledge
- Having sight of issues and assisting the issue leads in each domain to review and input actions for resolution
- Working with 1 line and 2nd line risk also
- Records Schedule Development & Review ensuring for all record owned by your domain have sufficient record management best practise applied.
- Publication of Records Schedule in a Schedule Management system
- Represent the Data Governance team on Regulatory compliance: Regulatory requirements often involve the collection, generation and dissemination of specific data (e.g. GDPR, Solvency II, PRIIPS), and we need to ensure that data governance principles are encompassed within these projects. This part of the role requires the ability to understand the core data requirements of new regulations in order to assist regulatory projects in following data governance principles.
- Manage Fidelity's Disclosure Policy: Fidelity's disclosure policy sets rules for the sharing of Fidelity's proprietary information externally (e.g. portfolio holdings, Fidelity company information such as assets or personnel). You will chair the quarterly Disclosure Policy Committee meetings that set and amend policy, collect and propose changes to policy, ensuring that the disclosure policy documentation and website is maintained and that suitable processes are in place for approving and recording exceptions. The role also involves responding to staff questions about the policy, approving and logging exceptions, and reviewing the monthly audit file.
- Industry Benchmarking: Keep up with changes in the industry and working with peers and colleagues within Fidelity International and our US associate company Fidelity Management & Research (FMR) to ensure an appropriate framework is in place to meet future needs.
Who you are Qualifications
- Project Management: Assist with business case development to ensure data target operating models meet Data Governance standards and assist with understanding and documenting impacts to the organisation of data risks.
- actively look to improve the SDLC of key projects and initiatives by using the developed DG checklist
- Bring SME knowledge with regards to the Data Governance policies and standards
- Degree-educated; either in a financial discipline or else IT
- 5+ years' of Data Management related experience (Reference Master Data, Asset Pricing, Data Quality, Metadata, issue management, Data Provisioning etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services
- A Recognised industry qualification pertaining to Data would be advantageous
- Proven operational experience, within an Asset Management company, where you have had to work to deadlines and have high attention to detail
- Good experience in desktop analytical and formatting skills including Excel, SQL, VBA or other scripting language.
- An understanding of Data Governance best practice in the industry
- An understanding of Data Architecture, Data Lifecycles, Data Quality Standards and Logical Data Modelling practices
- Previous experience of implementing data governance practices in a financial services business
- Previous experience of working at a senior level within an operational or technology data role with a focus on security reference data.
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and chair steering committees
- Communication skills - Proven communication, presentation, training and coaching skills that are flexible to support all employees globally in the organisation
- Influencing skills - you will need to be able to influence major technology change programmes and stakeholders distributed across a global financial services business, and persuade stakeholders of the benefits of Data Governance
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Dynamic "can do "attitude with a strong desire to improve and make things happen.
- Experience in Data Management & Data Governance
- Experience in Records Management.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- An understanding of Regulatory and Compliance requirements
- Previous Experience of working on data governance practices in a financial services business
- Good understanding of Data management tools and techniques
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which we work:
- Think Like an Entrepreneur
- Earn the Client's Trust
- Act with Integrity
- Make it Happen
About you About Fidelity International
- Customer Orientation and Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Influencing and negotiation
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements, Flexibility
- Information Gathering
- Problem Analysis
- Planning & Implementation
- Need for Excellence - Quality Orientation
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.