Senior Manager, Consulting, Service Delivery Optimisation, Multiple Locations
Do you understand the connection between the business problem and the technology solution? Do you have the professional and personal skills to make a real difference to our Clients?
Technology is an exciting and fast-growing area of our consulting practice. You will join a diverse practice of over 1,700 practitioners working around the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be our clients' trusted advisors and implementation partners. Your role
- As a member of the Data and Analytics Programme Delivery team you will work alongside other Programme Delivery specialists to provide our clients the advice and delivery support they need in their most complex technology programmes.
- You will show a passion in helping our clients to:
- Imagine, shape, set up and run digital transformation projects and programmes
- Successfully deliver digital transformation projects and programmes
- Independently assure or support in the recovery of troubled projects and programmes
- These projects will typically involve one or more of the following technologies: with Salesforce Commerce Cloud; SAP Hybris; Sitecore; AEM; Oracle ATG; IBM WebSphere Commerce; OpenText; Mulesoft; Magento.
As a Senior Manager in the Digital Programme Delivery team, you will be:
Your work, your choice
- Working with Clients on exciting and innovative digital transformation programmes
- Supporting Clients to understand the benefits of adopting agile approaches
- Nurturing relationships with Clients
- Contributing to the development of proposals and propositions
- Project or Programme Managing projects and programmes and leading on large transformations, sometimes working with multiple Clients simultaneously
- Supporting recruitment activities
- Contributing to thought leadership, in particular in relation to your Industry alignment
- Coaching our people to develop the skills and approaches required to deliver digital disruption
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: We are recruiting in a number of locations including London, the Southwest, Northwest, Midlands and Belfast. We work closely with our Clients at their offices and the role may involve travel for up to 4 days a week for specific durations of time based on defined programme needs or phases.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience Essential skills
We are looking for people who understand digital transformation and the potential it holds for our Clients, and have 6+ years' experience in any of the following areas:
- End to end project or programme delivery (Agile experience preferred)
- Agile delivery or project management using Scrum, Lean, Kanban or similar
- Leading a Programme Management Office (PMO) on a large digital delivery
- As a Product Manager or Product Owner on a digital delivery
You will have a solid understanding of UX, CX, Visual Design or Content Management and be deeply familiar with the common agile delivery methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban) and frameworks and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the challenges facing large enterprise organisations in adopting these approaches.
You will have a broader perspective of the potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies required to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
In addition, you will also have strong communication and stakeholder management skills and be able to demonstrate proactive management of your career and professional development to-date.
All candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. A good degree or equivalent work experience is required. Preferred skills and experience
Your service line Consulting
- Recognised project management or digital project management certification(s) such as Certified ScrumMaster or SAFe Agile
- Experience with one or more of the most common technologies involved in digital delivery (Salesforce (including ex DemandWare); SAP Hybris; Sitecore; AEM; Oracle ATG; IBM WebSphere Commerce; OpenText; Mulesoft; Magento)
- Experience managing third parties or vendors
- Experience using and setting up digital tooling such as JIRA and Confluence
- Technical degree or formal technical training
- Internal or external consultancy experience, or experience in a B2B or B2C role in one or more of the following industries: Consumer Business, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT), Public Sector, Financial Services
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166318