FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Senior Manager, Compliance Monitoring and Testing
My client, an international Bank and leading Financial Services provider, is looking to recuit a Senior Manager who will contribute to the overall success of global banking and markets Europe Compliance in the UK ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives.
My client, an international Bank and leading Financial Services provider, is looking to recuit a Senior Manager who will contribute to the overall success of global banking and markets Europe Compliance in the UK ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. The successful candidate will ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
* Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
* Responsible for the UK Monitoring and Testing (M&T) program.
* Oversees local surveillance activities.
* Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
Monitoring and Testing
* Ownership of the M&T program.
* Development and maintenance of the UK Compliance testing reviews methodology and associated procedures.
* Ensure the UK Compliance M&T program is aligned with the company compliance M&T program throughout the year.
* Creation, maintenance and review of the UK Compliance annual and multi-year testing plan.
* Creation, maintenance and review of the UK Compliance monitoring log and review of the effectiveness of the monitoring.
* Plan and conduct desk-based compliance reviews to assess the effectiveness of company policies and procedures to identify potential compliance gaps.
* On completion of any review agree a clear plan of action for resolution of all identified issues within agreed timescales and ensure that all issues are resolved as agreed.
* Track, assess and report on the status of remedial action identified within reports until resolved/concluded.
* Instigate reviews and investigation into regulatory queries and alleged rule breaches.
* Ensure appropriate trend analysis is completed and that findings are clearly communicated.
* Conduct appropriate inquiries and investigations to ensure that appropriate corrective actions and/or risk mitigation actions are implemented in a timely manner or are escalated.
* Ensure any findings of the testing undertaken are clearly communicated to the Head of Compliance (HoC) and/or senior management of the business divisions as appropriate.
* Contribute to internal Compliance databases such as eCRM, RCIMS and TR Connect as required.
* Complete monthly management information for the status of the testing plan and the finding/action items in line with the company M&T Program requirements as well as additional local management information requested by the HoC.
Policies, Procedures and Controls
* Ownership of the UK Compliance Testing Plan and Reviews Procedure. Co-ordinate input from group compliance and other members of UK Compliance.
* Assist with the formulation of new processes and/or systems to strengthen the controls environment Europe businesses operate within.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Significant compliance monitoring and testing experience essential.
* Expertise in thematic reviews.
* Previous experience in designing and implementing frameworks, policies and procedures.
* Investment Banking experience preferred but candidates with experience from other financial institutions will be considered.
* Intermediate knowledge and understanding of securities/banking rules, regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures.
* Intermediate knowledge of UK regulatory rules and principles and in particular SYSC and how these rules apply to compliance monitoring and reviews.
* Experience of multiple stakeholder management at mid-senior management level, including stakeholders from the business as well as third party organisations.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 19 Feb 18