Senior Manager, Capital Markets - MIFID II Implementation
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- KPMG UK
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
We are currently looking to recruit a Manager/Senior Manager/Director who can make a significant contribution to the Capital Markets Operations Transformation Practice through sector expertise, client engagement and delivery of new business opportunities. You will help to continue to grow the Capital Markets practice through support for business development activities, developing value propositions and playing a lead role in client engagement and assignment delivery.
These roles will be offered on initial 6 months contracts.
- Delivery on client engagements, taking full ownership and accountability for workstreams or projects.
- Support formulation of propositions and solutions that meet client requirements.
- Mentor and coach other members of the team.
- Support senior members of the practice in developing and converting a pipeline of opportunities..
- Business development support.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
- Deep expertise and experience within capital markets
- Project management (to include proven methodologies such as PRINCE II, MSP) and demonstrable client account management capabilities.
- Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice (including 'Lean' and Six Sigma).
- Proven ability to mentor and train Consultants.
- Team player with demonstrable people management skills.
Skills and Experience
- Consulting background with successful delivery track record working for Investment and/or Wholesale banking clients. Key areas of interest include operating model analysis and design to support Operations consolidation and integration, business divestment and sourcing, new product/market strategies.
- Experience of implementing MIFID II or worked on a Brexit project
- In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities. Key areas of interest include OTC derivatives, Fixed Income and Equities, Cash and Collateral Management, Clearing and Settlement, all aspects of Operations Risk and associated risk mitigation.
- In-depth understanding of the pre and post trade transaction value chain together with an appreciation of the threats and opportunities presented by market and regulatory change agendas.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills.