- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Manager, Accounting - French speaker - 12 month fixed contract
Location: London, England, United KingdomRole & Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager, Accounting works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements and the efficient financial operations within their function
- Expert in subject matter, including accounting changes.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
- Oversees outsourced accounting firms, as required, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody's policies and MGAP.
- Maintains Moody's chart of accounts, controls, and policy and procedures.
- Reviews and approves accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody's controls and US & local GAAP.
- Liaises with other departments to discuss and resolve US & Local GAAP accounting implications related to accounting transactions, business developments, entity financial conditions, policy and procedures.
- Maintains relationships with upper management.
- Participates in Controllership change processes, providing feedback and comments, and communicates Corporate changes to their respective teams.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Initiates research and prepares financial analysis for management (i.e. dividend, cash flow, budget, fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc).
- Assists in the incorporation or restructuring and operation set up of new entities and the liquidation of redundant entities.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves operating accounting issues; communicates to upper management.
- Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and operating accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting recognition; communicates to upper management.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody's policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments; communicates to upper management.
- Responsible for the overall direction, execution, and completion of ad-hoc projects.
- Manages internal and external audits; works with auditors to ensure a timely year end audit.
- Manages the preparation of external reports, including filings, ensuring an accurate and timely completion.
- Provides expert opinion on US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Works with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Manages and monitors compliance of financial conditions of specific regulated entities; responsible for regulatory reporting.
- Prepares financial documents and statements in English and local language and presents to Board of Directors and Country manager meetings.
- Reviews local annual director's reports.
- Reviews reconciliations for local GAAP adjustments and alternate account mappings.
- Reviews and monitors compliance of financial conditions of specific regulated entity, producing month-end financial checklist and reviewing cash and capital requirements. Additional audit, statutory and regulatory reporting work to be conducted during the annual reporting cycle.
- International Financial Analysis & Strategy:
- Provides support for due diligence and integration activities for new acquisitions
- Develops additional non statutory financial reports and analysis to support the business and Controllership services.
- Regulatory and Compliance:
- Prepares financial sections for recurring and ad hoc regulatory reporting requirements across the EMEA region.
- Prepares detailed analysis and supplementary information in support of regulatory reporting submissions for "audit trail" purposes.
- Responds to finance-related queries made by the regulatory authorities or senior management.
- Maintains awareness of continuing changes in the regulatory reporting rules and regulations across the various jurisdictions applicable to EMEA.
- Actively assists senior management and the Regulatory and Compliance teams by providing financial information necessary to support regulatory initiatives, including by not exclusive to: applications to register as a CRA; and ad hoc queries from the local regulatory authorities.
- Must have a bachelor's degree.
- Relevant accounting and management experience
- ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent qualified.
- Expert knowledge of local reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in French is essential.
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Preferred It is preferable to have experience in a large multi-national company or a major accounting firm.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.