Senior Manager - Underwriting - Operations (Insurance)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Nov 18
We are seeking an Underwriting Operations Senior Manager to deliver operations transformation engagements in the Insurance sector
Our Insurance Transformation team, is at the heart of supporting our clients in shaping, planning and delivering critical business change. The team focuses on transforming the performance of organisations helping them focus on the customer to drive growth and implement an operating model that is efficient.
Our clients are experiencing significant disruption. The rapid adoption of new digital technologies, the emergence of non-traditional competitors and more stringent regulations mean that today’s Insurance customers are more empowered, demanding and price conscious.
We are seeking an Underwriting Operations Senior Manager to deliver operations transformation engagements in the Insurance sector. This is a high profile role, with accountability for the development and delivery of the KPMG Operations proposition within Insurance. The role will also require supporting major bids and proposals. As a senior manager, the incumbent will be actively supporting our people strategy through coaching and development of team members and acting as a Performance Manager for several people.
Our Insurance Transformation team, within the Management Consulting practice, is a priority growth area for KPMG with significant investment plans and big growth ambitions. Joining us offers the opportunity to work with Insurance sector clients on exciting, high profile and leading edge engagements with the potential to:
• Rapidly develop your career by becoming part of a growing team:
• Accelerate your personal development through varied and exciting client opportunities coupled with focused learning & development with a world class brand; and
• Develop yourself as a consultant, manager and leader
The main duties and responsibilities of the job
• Using Insurance experience and knowledge, delivering complex streams of work within transformation programmes, setting up the engagement, scoping the work, planning the work and briefing and leading a team of consultants.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
• Solution development, showing a clear ability to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Transformation Leadership and Operational Excellence.
• Strong bid management experience including presenting or pitching to clients to win new business
• People management, building a team of consultants with the right mix of grades, competencies and experience to support client opportunities and projected growth.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the role
• Detailed and applied knowledge of underwriting within the commercial specialty or personal SME insurance sector.
• Experience in applying intelligent automation (RPA, EPA, Machine Learning or Cognitive) to remove cost from an underwriting function.
• Prior experience in consulting or leading large scale, complex business and transformation programmes in the capacity of Project/Programme Manager applying relevant methods including; Lean, Agile, operating model design, change management, technology and/or digital change.
• In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the Insurance/FS industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities.
• The ability to present to C-Level decision makers is preferable.
The Insurance Transformation practice focusses on the delivery of strategic changes that encompass innovation, customer experience, growth transformation, regulatory change and large scale cost reduction/efficiency improvements.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options.
We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development