Senior Manager - Transformation Architect - Operations (Insurance)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 19
Our Insurance Transformation team, is at the heart of supporting our clients in shaping, planning and delivering critical business change. The team focuses on transforming the performance of organisations helping them focus on the customer to drive growth and implement an operating model that is efficient. Our clients are experiencing significant disruption. The rapid adoption of new digital technologies, the emergence of non-traditional competitors and more stringent regulations mean that today’s Insurance customers are more empowered, demanding and price conscious.
We are seeking an Insurance focussed, Operations Transformation Architect to shape and design market leading solutions and deliver operational transformation engagements in the Insurance sector. This will be a senior role in our practice and as such will have significant responsibility for designing, architecting and delivering large scale solutions to our clients. You will be a strong advocate for Intelligent Automation technologies and will help us to drive the next generation of client solutions. The role will also require supporting major bids and proposals. As a senior manager, the incumbent will be actively supporting our people strategy through coaching and development of team members and acting as a Performance Manager for several people.
Our Insurance Transformation team, within the Management Consulting practice, is a priority growth area for KPMG with significant investment plans and big growth ambitions. As such we’re looking for people with a broad range of skills to fit within our existing team. We’re passionate about business transformation and technology and are looking for people who share that passion. Joining us offers the opportunity to work with Insurance sector clients on exciting, high profile and leading edge engagements with the potential to:
• Rapidly develop your career by becoming part of a growing team:
• Accelerate your personal development through varied and exciting client opportunities coupled with focused learning & development with a world class brand; and
• Develop yourself as a consultant, manager and leader
The main duties and responsibilities of the job
• Using Insurance experience coupled with deep technical expertise of a range of automation and process orchestration technologies, tools and techniques, deliver complex solutions within business transformation programmes.
• Able to work with non-technology business stakeholders, simplifying complex technology terminology, and guiding and shaping the solution for the client.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
• Strong bid management experience including presenting or pitching to clients to win new business.
• People management, building a team of consultants with the right mix of grades, competencies and experience to support client opportunities and projected growth.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the role
• Hands-on practical knowledge of RPA, BPM, Machine Learning and Cognitive/AI, MI and data warehousing principles to help guide and steer decisions.
• Detailed and applied knowledge of the commercial specialty or personal SME insurance sector.
• Prior experience in consulting or leading large scale, complex business and transformation programmes in the capacity of Project/Programme Manager or solution architect/application developer within the insurance industry.
• Experience of managing and mentoring staff and helping with their personal and professional development.
• In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the Insurance/FS industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities.
• The ability to present to C-Level decision makers is preferable.
• Experience of working with some or all of the following technologies:
o RPA toolsets (Appian, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, OpenSpan etc.)
o Infrastructure Virtualisation
o OCR (Kofax, Kodak, Xerox, etc.)
o Citrix/ emulators
o iBPMs [ Appian, IBM BPM, PEGA, etc.]
o Cognitive services
o Rules engines
The Insurance Transformation practice focusses on the delivery of strategic changes that encompass innovation, customer experience, growth transformation, regulatory change and large scale cost reduction/efficiency improvements.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options.
We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.