Senior Manager - Senior Analyst Fixed Income (PSG)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
As a Senior Manager - Fixed Income, your aim would be to improve capacity of the portfolio managers and increase the control, scale, efficiency and consistency of the investment process.
Portfolio Service Group, Fixed Income (PSG FI), is a London based team within the Investment Management Operations section of Global Business Operations. The team works closely with Fixed Income Investment Professionals both in London and HK.
Purpose of your role
The Fixed Income portfolio managers in London and the global trading capability are supported by five PSG FI Analysts. The aim of the function is to improve capacity of the portfolio managers and increase the control, scale, efficiency and consistency of the investment process. The team actively contributes and implements ideas for improving and re-designing the investment process and trade flows, and often represents the Fixed Income Investment Management function to other areas of the business.
- Implementation of investment decisions - generate orders across multiple funds for bonds, futures, CDS, Swaps, Options, Duration overlays - taking into account cash, investment guidelines, benchmarks and fund sizes
- Generate and instruct all FX spot and currency hedges
- Cash Management - monitoring cash positions and cash flows
- Monitor portfolio exposures and consistency of strategy across portfolios
- Fund oversight
- Data reconciliation and validation
- Assist with and guide fund transitions/launches/closures
- Represent PMs on projects and initiatives
- Produce variety of reports - portfolio risk reports, fund breakdown, etc
- General support for ad hoc queries
- Participation in IT infrastructure programmes in relation to the PSG FI function
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate should have experience of working within a Fixed Income environment and supporting investment professionals. They should have a broad understanding of the Fixed Income markets and how portfolios are constructed and trade ideas are implemented.
- Knowledge of fixed income market and instruments
- Good understanding of fixed income investment decision-making and execution process
- Ability to work accurately in a pressurised environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, particularly with Portfolio Managers and other Investment Professionals.
- Ability to work in a small functional team, as part of the broader Fixed Income team, and with other colleagues globally.
- Ability to represent the team and department as a technical specialist
- Ability to analyse processes and implement improvements
- Numerate individual with strong analytical skills
- Advanced excel, preferably including VBA, Bloomberg
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ideally IMC or CFA level 1