Senior Manager - Regulatory and Reporting Change
- GBP75000 - GBP90000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 27 Oct 17 2017-10-27
Senior Manager - Regulatory and Reporting Change The Group's insurance manufacturing operations have c. $100bn in assets, and a net asset value of c. $10bn The role will focus on the technical interpretations for the Group insurance as a whole but will need to ensure that implications and impacts for each of our manufacturing sites are understood at a high level
Senior Manager - Regulatory and Reporting Change
The Group's insurance manufacturing operations have c. $100bn in assets, and a net asset value of c. $10bn
The role will focus on the technical interpretations for the Group insurance as a whole but will need to ensure that implications and impacts for each of our manufacturing sites are understood at a high level.
- Key driver of developmental work arising from the current financial reporting change agenda (including technical accounting changes under IFRS 17 and IFRS 9) across Insurance globally
- Lead the preparation of the quarterly analytical review packs to support the reported financial performance and position of the global insurance manufacturing subsidiaries.
- Lead the preparation and development of the Group's external disclosures relating to the Bank's Insurance business.
- Responsible for leading the Group's Insurance expertise and delivery of training related to new accounting standards relevant for Insurance. A technical expert, responsible for coordinating business unit actuarial and finance efforts across multiple geographies
- Responsible for other ad-hoc technical accounting support to Group Insurance and Insurance business units including relating to accounting treatments for new products as part of the Group approval process
Impact on the Business/Function
- Responsible for driving the identification and implementation of solution sets required to meet the Group's objectives in relation to all technical change projects (principally IFRS 17 and IFRS 9)
- Responsible for leading the quarterly externally reporting process for the Bank's Insurance business.
- Maintenance of detailed knowledge of, and engagement with, IASB project developments, emerging interpretation and best practice
- Responsible for authoring and delivering high quality training to multiple stakeholders, including non-finance and non-insurance stakeholders on Accounting and Regulatory change
- Preparation and delivery of reports on such matters to senior management
- Providing leadership for smaller business units (BUs), assisting local management with resourcing, technical and timing decisions as required
- Representing Group Insurance at the Bank's Group finance change forums and committees
- Provision of ad hoc technical accounting support to Group Insurance and Insurance BUs including relating to accounting treatments for new products as part of the Group approval process
- Supporting BAU reporting teams with regard to system changes (e.g. Group consolidation tool version upgrades and Group Reporting Chart of Accounts changes) and process improvement initiatives
Customers / Stakeholders
- Full engagement with other functional areas within Group Insurance including other finance teams, Group Chief Actuary and business development
- Full engagement with business unit finance and actuarial teams (including at CFO and Chief Actuary levels)
- Regular engagement with the Bank's Group finance change programmes including the Bank-wide "IFRS 9" and "Other IASB change" projects
- Regular engagement with Group Accounting Policies and with Group Chief Accounting Officer team
- External engagement with the IASB (coordinating with Group Accounting Policies) and with insurance industry groups on key topics under IFRS 17
- Group Insurance and Business unit finance in respect of ad-hoc technical accounting challenges
- External reporting team on matters relating to BAU system changes and process improvement
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead SME for Group Insurance on all finance change projects
- Facilitate discussion and debate in the insurance BUs to identify solutions to support the Group's objectives in relation to these projects without compromising local requirements.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Accountant with 5+yrs PQE
- Significant life insurance experience including a solid understanding of policy administration, actuarial and accounting systems
- Exceptional IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or professional practice, including experience of drafting technical accounting papers and challenging current practice in order to drive improvement
- Good working knowledge of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 developments to date highly advantageous
- Working knowledge of Solvency II (including Pillar III) advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience of preparation of reports, analysis, commentary and technical accounting opinions on financial reporting matters suitable for presentation at senior management and board level
- Good experience of monitoring and improving processes
- Ability to take the initiative and undertake and drive tasks forward with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Experience of working with external and internal stakeholders on financial reporting matters
- There is a large element of ad hoc requirements within this role - you will need evidence that you are able to work under pressure and build excellent stakeholder relationships whilst carrying out your core responsibilities. A strong team work ethic is critical.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.