Senior Manager - Partner Solution Architecture
DESCRIPTION AWS EMEA Partner Solutions Architects team is seeking a manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, partner facing Solutions Architects in UK and Ireland. This team of Solutions Architects will work with our Partner Development and Success Managers to help our partners become and maintain a proficiency in AWS, bringing new cloud solutions to the market and delivering results for customers.
You will be a core member of the partner team. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer, partner, and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology and methods in order to help colleagues, partners, and customers embrace and adopt new technology and methods. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of of looking beyond the technology and considering the value the customers are looking to gain from the technology and helping how technology is viewed by our customers are important aspects of the role.
You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating, and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our service teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new and existing team to build a global team to work in their respective geographies.
• Capture and share best-practices knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community.
• Be the primary communication path for escalations and visibility of partner development and partner execution capabilities
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, blog posts, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
• Strategy and Innovation: articulate business/industry fundamentals (e.g., ROI, TCO); understand regulations; familiarity with business strategy and trends in the IT industry (e.g., CD/CI, IoT, ML)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Highly technical and analytical, capable of understanding the complexities of large, global IT environments
• Experience in a senior technical leader position with customer facing interactions
• Technical knowledge of common technology systems is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including group leadership and executive presentations.
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated depth and breadth of experience in computer and cloud technologies
• Passion for learning of new technologies and methods
• Technical degree (CS, engineering, math, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience working with System Integrators and System houses and knowing the cloud market landscape in UK and Ireland
• International consulting and delivery experience
• Use of AWS services (or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud) in distributed environments
• AWS Certifications (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, AWS DevOps Engineer, Associate Level or Above)
• MS technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience in growing, leading and delivering results in a team of pre-sales, systems engineers or solutions architects