Currently recruiting for a global bank who are looking for an Senior Manager - Operational Tax to join their well established team.
At a macro level, the multi-faceted and dynamic role requires the candidate to review existing operational tax processes, analyse the operational tax impact of tax regulatory changes and new business proposals in order to be able to influence the implementation of change, in a highly pressured environment.
Role & Responsibility:
- Monitor and review and sign-off on tax policy/ regulation changes that affect current tax processing and communicate the operational tax implications to various key stakeholders
- Work with the Corporate Tax Department and external tax advisors to interpret the legislation, provide steer on operational implementation and partner with various Operations teams and Business areas on actual implementation
- Create and document operational tax requirements, processes, policies and procedures for Operations to correctly set up systems to ensure tax compliance.
- Provide supervisory coverage across the silos the team supports
- Work effectively across geographical and functional boundaries demonstrating strong relationship skills.
- Have a good understanding of transactional and/or withholding tax issues including identifying tax issues as they impact processes and the ability to read, understand and relay tax regulations
- Have the ability to be analytical, problem solve with a good attention to detail with a record of identifying and dealing with issues as they arise
- Be motivated, self-driven and excited by an operational role with changing priorities and objectives often with tight deadlines
- Possess strong team working skills, willing to put forward ideas and challenge current practice.
- Be a strong communicator with good organization skills as it will involve communicating to a large variety of people at many different levels within the firm.
- Be strong and proficient in influencing and impact in order to enact change within the division and across a large stakeholder group
- Provide cross Operational and Business Unit tax support in regards to operational taxes hence knowledge of the banking sector and ideally experience of working in an operational taxes environment or supporting operational taxes from a tax technical perspective
- Demonstrate good knowledge of Stamp Duty, Transaction Taxes, Withholding Tax or Capital Gains Tax regimes and how they impact operational processing and infrastructure
- Detailed tax technical knowledge of transactional taxes (e.g. Italian and French Transaction Taxes, UK SDRT, Irish Stamp Duty or Swiss Stamp Tax), withholding tax or capital gains regimes, and international reporting regimes such as EUSD, UK CDOT or T18/ BBSI
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.