- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 24 Mar 18
Senior Manager - Internal Audit, Risk Management Group
We are seeking a Senior Manager with Capital Markets experience to join the Group's Internal Audit Team in London. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a diverse range of businesses globally in a challenging role that will see you drive success
We are seeking a Senior Manager with Capital Markets experience to join the Group's Internal Audit Team in London. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a diverse range of businesses globally in a challenging role that will see you drive success through effective risk management.
About the role;
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Lead or assist with conducting assessments on the quality and effectiveness of the internal controls across Macquarie’s businesses in EMEA and other regions
- Lead or assist with providing risk assessments of joint ventures, significant contracts and policies, critical projects and system developments.
- Work closely with the broader Risk Management team and executives from across the Macquarie Group in contributing to the continual improvement of the Group's risk management framework.
- Establish and maintain effective, constructive, professional relationships with stakeholders within Macquarie’s businesses and support functions
- Contribute towards the continued improvement of Macquarie’s Internal Audit Methodology
- CA and/or other tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- 8+ years experience, in audit (non IT or IT) and/or operational risk within a financial services environment, with a focus on Capital Markets products
- Ability to process complex information in a dynamic environment.
- Proven technical and analytical skills, backed by attention to detail and sound judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to liaise and influence at all levels.
- An eye for identifying operational risk issues with material significance.
- Strong teamwork skills with a motivated and energetic approach to work.
At Macquarie we offer you the experience and freedom to grow your career while making your mark within a highly successful organisation. Key to our success is the entrepreneurialism we encourage in all our people. We give you the opportunity to progress your career as quickly as your ability demonstrates.
The Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risks across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
The Internal Audit Division (IAD) is an independent assurance function for Macquarie Group globally. IAD provides independent assurance to the Board Audit Committee (BAC) and senior management as to the effectiveness of the control framework for the risks within the group. IAD conduct cyclical audits which cover risk identification, control design and control performance.
About the company:
Macquarie is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services, with offices in 28 countries. We are a uniquely diverse business with deep specialist expertise. We work with top-tier firms, small businesses and emerging leaders, governments and community organisations.
Strong risk management practices are embedded in business unit management with central oversight of credit, market, funding, compliance and operational risk. These, together with a strong, committed team are key drivers of Macquarie’s success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers