US Investment Manager based in the City are looking to recruit a Senior Manager responsible for Financial and Regulatory Reporting across their EMEA entities. This is a newly created role in the UK. The team is responsible for all aspects of legal entity reporting including statutory financial statements, regulatory financial filings, board reporting and US & local GAAP. You will be the SME in EMEA on all regulatory and statutory accounting requirements across the legal entities.
In this position you have board level exposure so you must have the expertise and credibility to face off to senior stakeholders and within time have the responsibilities of Senior Manager under SMRC.
Main responsibilities would include:
- Identifying and reporting risks, financial trends relating to all EMEA legal entities working with internal counterparties and technical teams to reach a resolution
- Monthly legal entity variance review, carrying out meaningful analysis of different aspects of legal entity financials. Communicate complex data to senior stakeholders including the Board of Directors
- Work with the Product teams and wider finance teams to understand new product offerings and impacts to legal entity profitability or balance sheet models. Working with Tax and Technical accounting teams to ensure compliance with local regulation.
- Serve as a legally registered responsible financial officer for the region across as SME regulatory change management initiatives.
- Oversee external audits
- Manage a small team of financial reporting SMEs who are alligned to EMEA legal entity
To be considered for this role you must be a Chartered Accountant with extensive PQE in Legal Entity Reporting, Financial and Regulatory Reporting from ideally an Investment Management business. You would have experience of various jurisdictions across EMEA and the local regulations. Expertise in local GAAP and US GAAP. You will have experience in a leadership role with a natural executive presence with the ability to prepare analysis and present to the Board.