Senior Manager - Finance Transformation (FS Banking) - Part-time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 19
In Financial Transformation we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business. Our Financial Transformation practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, focusing on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their Finance & Risk functions. The key drivers of change for our Banking clients are Regulatory reform, Cost Reduction and Risk Transformation and our service offerings reflect this demand.
Note that this is a part-time position.
KPMG is offering a fantastic opportunity to join our firm as a Senior Manager in the Banking Financial Management practice, with a focus on cloud based technology solutions leveraging our unique KPMG Powered Finance methodology to accelerate delivery. As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial diagnosis, strategy formulation and analysis, through to implementation. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Independently lead large scale, global Powered Finance engagements with accountability for the successful delivery of the engagement and client outcomes.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate, through delivery, the benefits of our Powered Finance approach and ensure savings are realized for our clients
- Ability to manage cross functional global engagement teams both internally within KPMG and external client teams across all strata of the organisation.
- Building rapport and maintaining external vendor relationships to support delivery of each engagement. Acts as a conduit between vendors and client teams and translate system ‘jargon’ into business terminology
- The candidate will need to be able to build and leverage both internal and external relationships to help support Partners and Directors in driving business development and sales activities
- Supports the continuous development of our Powered Finance proposition ensuring content is kept up to date and in line with the growing demands from our clients and market trends. Leading the development of solution prototypes and re-usable accelerators
- Will lead and/or support the development of Powered Finance related proposals and sales pitches to potential clients
- Leading the development of processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
- Identifying and managing risks, engagement assurance and commercial risk management and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
People management & talent development:
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record or leading delivery teams as well as developing teams within a consulting practice.
- Act as formal performance manager for junior members of the team and actively participate in our bi-annual appraisal process
- Support the development of junior team members through formal training as well as informal coaching & mentoring capacities
Successful candidates should have excellent Banking finance knowledge (including interactions with Risk functions) and demonstrate the following skills:
- Accountancy qualification with strong post qualification experience (or equivalent experience)
- Understanding of key performance and cost challenges across Financial Services , being able to translate industry challenges in to strategic solutions
- Extensive experience working in the Financial Services industry, with a focus on banking being preferable
- Excellent understanding of the business model for banking, broking and trading entities, including products and channels
- Strong people manager, able to lead large teams and develop others
- Self-starting, pro-active team player that is experienced in working in challenging environments and within a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to liaise with senior Finance stakeholders to align the cost base with modelling purposes and discuss financial analysis
- Ability to create and deliver high level presentations and output reviews to senior executives/stakeholders and business managers
- Ability to review and challenge information that has been provided by other team members, ensuring the information is ‘fit for purpose’ and at the right level of granularity
- Ability to perform structured analysis on business or cost models to identify cost reduction opportunities, and provide best practice knowledge with regards to reporting and analysis.
- Flexibility to travel
- Successful candidates should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in leading large Cost Management programmes for FS clients. This would ideally cover Design, Deployment and client handover to ensure alignment with BaU business cycles
- Extensive experience in developing, selling and delivering Enterprise Performance Management solutions for global FS clients in a multi-disciplinary environment, including Cost Transparency and Cost Management, Financial Performance Reporting and Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Experience in delivering true End-to-End programmes where required skills and capabilities would include ability to identify organisational cost and value drivers and cost efficiency KPIs, thorough understanding of Cost allocations principles, Cost analysis/reporting, understanding of FS P&L’s and Balance sheet
- Experience in leading and presenting strategic cost and operating model analysis of banking organisations
- Experience of working in a Group COO, Product Finance or Strategy role in a major FS organisation would be beneficial
- Experience with professional Cost allocation software (HPCM, SAP PCM, CostPerform, Prodacapo, TM1, others) is desired but not essential
- Experience in initiatives to measure and improve the Customer experience would be an advantage