Senior Manager - Finance Transformation (FS Banking)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 19
In Finance Transformation we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business. Our Finance Transformation practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, focusing on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their Finance & Risk functions. The key drivers of change for our Banking clients are Regulatory reform, Cost Reduction and Risk Transformation and our service offerings reflect this demand.
KPMG is offering a fantastic opportunity to join our firm as a Senior Manager in the FT Banking team, with a focus on cloud based technology solutions leveraging our unique KPMG Powered Finance methodology to accelerate delivery.
As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial diagnosis, strategy formulation and analysis, through to implementation.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Independently lead large scale, global Powered Finance engagements with accountability for the successful delivery of the engagement and client outcomes.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate, through delivery, the benefits of our Powered Finance approach and ensure savings are realized for our clients
- Ability to manage cross functional global engagement teams both internally within KPMG and external client teams across all strata of the organisation.
- Building rapport and maintaining external vendor relationships to support delivery of each engagement. Acts as a conduit between vendors and client teams and translate system ‘jargon’ into business terminology
- The candidate will need to be able to build and leverage both internal and external relationships to help support Partners and Directors in driving business development and sales activities
- Supports the continuous development of our Powered Finance proposition ensuring content is kept up to date and in line with the growing demands from our clients and market trends. Leading the development of solution prototypes and re-usable accelerators
- Will lead and/or support the development of Powered Finance related proposals and sales pitches to potential clients
- Leading the development of processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
- Identifying and managing risks, engagement assurance and commercial risk management and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
People management & talent development:
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record or leading delivery teams as well as developing teams within a consulting practice.
- Act as formal performance manager for junior members of the team and actively participate in our bi-annual appraisal process
- Support the development of junior team members through formal training as well as informal coaching & mentoring capacities