Senior Manager - Cyber Security
Here. You can be empowered to make a difference. Here. You can widen your opportunities. The Senior Manager plays a pivotal role within the Business Risk Services department within Grant Thornton UK LLP. You'll take ownership of allocated assignments within the Private Sector, in a way that exceeds client expectations, drives the business forward, while taking responsibility for managing and developing team members.
The Cyber Security, Privacy and Payments teams need to be strengthened with staff having deep, SME knowledge of cyber security and payments, particularly payments, and the associated risks and requisite control frameworks. This knowledge must be supplemented with extensive auditing experience. While there are resources with project management skills we need accomplished auditors with extensive audit and assurance experience supported by good documentation and reporting skills. We’re looking to expand our payments portfolio given client concerns and consultancy needs on increasing payments regulatory requirements
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Helping clients of all shapes and sizes, in business risk service we support businesses by providing the necessary advice to help them manage and improve their business performance. You’ll provide organisations of many different sizes with the advice and solutions they need to navigate complex risks and challenges. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
What you’ll be doing:
Perform and manage technical cyber security and data protection audits and assurance work across a number of clients:
Strong understanding of cyber security and data security risks and controls;
Good understanding of wider IT risks and controls;
Good understanding of audit processes, preferably with audit experience;
Strong knowledge of frameworks, standards and regulatory requirements related to information security and data protection;
Good technical knowledge of network security, key IT technologies, commercial security management and monitoring tools and services;
Good knowledge of current and emerging cyber security risks;
Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
Good understanding of audit processes with significant experience of audit and assurance work;
Provide technical subject matter expertise;
Manage client relationships.
Manage and mentor colleagues;
Payments systems and supporting IT infrastructure
• develops new business and assists with closing sales opportunities
• helps to develop new products and services
• participates in office marketing events, is an 'ambassador' of the firm, is aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products, whilst pro actively identifying cross selling opportunities
• develop and maintain key internal and external contacts in the business and professional community
• leads proposals and participate in presentations and in delivering unfamiliar information to clients in a confident manner
• pursues potential opportunities for expanding the firms offerings and understands the firms position in the market and its competitive advantage
• build an area of expertise (e.g. technical, service line or practice development) to contribute to the development of the practice
• manages a portfolio of existing client relationships
• builds and maintains good working relationships with all clients
• interviews candidates for new positions and takes an active part in driving change strategies across the department and inspiring performance
• assist in staff development and write/input to all assignment appraisals. Take active involvement in correcting poor performance issues.
• coach and mentoring role for employees of all levels, ensuring team members are given tasks to assist in their development
• creates development opportunities for others and shares ideas for learning
• attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for CPD purposes and deliver training where appropriate
• adheres to the firm's risk management policies and procedures
• read appropriate sector/industry journals, reviews websites, to be aware of current issues and identify development opportunities for new products and services
• clearly articulates and applies the firm's vision and values and encourages others to apply them at work
Operations and ResultsPlanning
• ensures assignments are appropriately risk managed, scheduled and resourced.
• ensures terms of reference and the audit planning document are agreed by the client prior to review commencing
• agrees budgets for review with partner and/or client
• reviews work programme to ensure alignment to terms of reference
• ensures effective team working and that all working to the firms methodologies, and that tasks are appropriately delegated and information to support key decisions is documented.
• reviews all working papers.
• provides feedback and coaching to team members based on review of work carried out and feedback received.
• ensures scope of review is being met.
• Draws outs and manages contentious issues and situations with the client to mutual satisfaction.
• attends close-out meetings with client and has a full understanding of issues discussed
• sets expectations for production of draft report to team. Ensure that the written work is of a high standard, addressing commercial issues and is well structured meeting the needs of the intended audience and requiring minimal Partner input.
• ensures appropriate updates to the 'Action Tracker' are processed.
• develops audit committee papers for presentation to the partner and in accordance to client timetable
• monitors work in capital for clients on a regular, e.g. monthly basis, and manages WIP, ensuring it is kept to a minimum level and minimising write-offs
• negotiates billing with clients
• monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
We create sustainable value for our clients
We are better together
Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications