Senior Manager - Assumptions & Interpretation - Regulatory Affairs & Aggregate Risk
Take on a new, critical and diverse role that will see you work with a wide range of stakeholders within Macquarie as well as the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
As a Senior Manager in Regulatory Affairs & Aggregate Risk (RAAR), you will work with a wide range of stakeholders across Macquarie's businesses, support groups and Senior Management to help Macquarie meet its obligations to APRA and manage risk.
In this role, you will be part of a high performing Regulatory Affairs team for which this role has the task of supporting a review of prudential assumptions and interpretations (A&I) across the organisation and to assist in the establishment and ownership of the framework for governance of A&I. This will require you to develop strong working relationships with the Financial Management Group, other teams within the Risk Management Group and businesses. You will also play a key role in our ongoing engagement with APRA.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting and driving the A&I project, including review and challenge of A&I, associated stakeholder engagement and reporting
- Assisting in coordinating RAAR SMEs efforts in review and approval of A&I
- Developing subject matter expertise across all prudential requirements
- Assisting in developing the framework for governing A&I for on-going review and change management, workflow and integration with associated systems initiatives
Ideally you will have:
- An intellectually curious mind and be a critical and independent thinker who enjoys taking responsibility for complex and challenging tasks.
- A strong understanding of regulations and frameworks applicable to banks and have experience with high profile projects and teams.
- The ability and desire to solve bespoke problems whilst demonstrating an excellent eye for detail and curiosity to investigate deeper when required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, which allow you to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
- Tertiary qualifications in one or more of finance, economics, accounting, engineering or law or other similar fields.
- Strong relationship management skills and an ability to engage with a broad cross-section of individuals.
If this sounds like you then, please apply via the Link below. About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Within RMG, the Regulatory Affairs team, part of Regulatory Affairs & Aggregate Risk, owns Macquarie's relationship with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority ("APRA"), Macquarie's main prudential regulator and ensures Macquarie meets APRA's requirements. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.