Our client is a successful global brand name, an established financial services PLC who have been going through an impressive period of growth. Their London operations are now looking to hire a Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Management Accountant to join their finance function. The role is based in their City offices and will be offered on an initial 12-month fixed-term contract basis. Experience using Oracle, Hyperion, SmartView/ASO or Discoverer is beneficial (but not essential), along with strong Excel skills. Candidates must either be Immediately Available or be available on a short notice period (1-month or less)
- Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with Management Accounting experience, ideally from the financial services sector (although FS sector experience is not essential)
- Good understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Confident user of Excel with Oracle or Hyperion experience being a bonus (but not essential)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with good stakeholder management experience
- Short notice period (1 month or less) or immediately available
Responsibilities and duties:
- Record and ensure correctness of monthly compensation and benefits costs for front and back office employees.
- Record monthly journal entries related to compensation and benefits, including payroll, headcount, discretionary and formulaic bonuses, and mass allocations of employee benefits.
- Calculate and accrue front-office variable bonuses monthly, in accordance with employment contracts.
- Track newly executed front office employment contracts and update compensation changes in formulaic bonus accrual calculations in Excel using SmartView/ASO.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations related to compensation and benefits accruals.
- Liaise with internal business partners to ensure compensation and benefits are recorded correctly at the desk and employee level.
- Liaise with the Payroll team and the HR team to understand transactions to ensure proper recording in the general ledger.
- Investigate and respond to queries from external auditors and supply them with files as requested.
- Fulfil any additional ad hoc duties / project work as required to meet the needs of the business.
Skills & Experience:
- Fully-Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Management Accounting experience
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Skilled in applications such as Oracle, Excel, SmartView/ASO, Discoverer.
- Experience working in an accounting environment, interacting with employees across different departments.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential to this position.