With offices in Europe, Asia and the US, this international financial services PLC has a solid reputation in the industry along with a strong track record of sustained success during its history. Their finance team in London is looking to hire an experienced and well-rounded Senior Management Accountant on an initial 12-month fixed-term contact. The ideal candidate will be fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA and between 2-5 years post-qualified) and should bring a solid foundation of accounting experience covering management accounting, financial/legal entity control and intercompany reporting, etc. Candidates must be immediately available or available on a short notice period.
This role is within the Front Office Reporting team and will primarily focus on accounting, reconciling and maintaining records for Front Office compensation and bonuses. Other duties will include the accurate and timely ledger close of our EMEA regulated Legal Entities, producing end-to-end management accounts, performing reviews, interpreting and presenting to management, improving finance processes and the control environment, finance business partnering, etc.
Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with post- qualification experience (ideally 2-5 years PQE) from industry (ideally financial services but our client will be open to sector)
Must have worked / performed reporting in a PLC environment, within a multi-currency and multi-subsidiary business
Well-rounded finance skill-set covering management accounting, financial controls and/or legal entity controls/reporting experience
Understanding of what a strong/good controls environment looks like, with the ability to document accounting processes and procedures
Bonus or compensation accounting experience would be ideal (but is not essential)
Oracle or Hyperion would be useful (but is not essential)
Good communication and influencing skills with stakeholder management experience
Candidates must be immediately available or available on a short notice period.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the EMEA regulated entities are closed in line with the company's accounting close deadline. Accounts should be prepared in accordance with IFRS, internal guidelines and accounting policies.
- Preparation of Management Accounts for the EMEA region across the brands, asset classes and legal entities. Take ownership for control and sign off on Financial Performance of assigned Legal/Regulated entities and business divisions.
- Calculate and accrue front office performance based compensation monthly in accordance with employment contracts. Distribute and communicate front office bonus calculations to Desk Heads and Senior Management. Ensure relevant approvals obtained before submission of bonuses to payroll. Front Office compensation is a key cost in the Front Office; it will be essential to have a full understanding of these costs and be able to provide variance analysis in our reviews.
- Maintain the records and ledger for the Front Office Equity plan, this is a new initiative and will require co-ordination with HR and Group Finance.
- Distribute and communicate deferral bonus amounts to Desk Heads, Senior Management, payroll and HR.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for Front Office Compensation and Front Office Equity Plan.
- Preparation and review of Balance Sheet reconciliations for compensation accruals and equity plan accruals.
- Responsible for the monthly substantiation of the General Ledger and the reconciliation of all balances back to the relevant sub-ledgers or source systems.
- Production of variance analysis and analytical reviews (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow).
- Assist with the Annual preparation of Budgets and Forecasts for P&L and Balance Sheet, ensuring full understanding of revenue trends and key cost drivers.
- Assisting with team developments to improve efficiency, reporting and processes for both UK and Non UK offices in a controlled environment.
- Build a rapport with counterparts in other regions to agree and settle intercompany balances and foster the sharing of best practice.
- Ensure an effective risk and control framework is embedded to support our processes.
- Year-end reporting. This will include preparation of Year-end files for relevant business entities, business reviews and assisting with Audit queries.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with the EMEA Finance team and other key stakeholders. There should be clear communication and adoption of Group Accounting Policies and ensure the Expenditure Control Framework is adhered to at all times.
- From time to time you will be asked to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role.
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines.
Qualification and Requirements
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with several years’ PQE (2-5 years PQE).
Experience working in the financial services sector an advantage
Skilled in applications such as Oracle, Excel, SmartView/ASO, Discoverer
Experience interacting with stakeholders across different departments
In-depth knowledge of what a good control environment looks like
Attention to detail is essential