See job description for details
.Senior Litigation Lawyer – Executive Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including
corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The lawyers and other professionals of the Legal & Compliance Division (LCD) provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program; or manage or diffuse actual or potential disputes. They preserve the Firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firm’s businesses.
There is a vacancy within the EMEA Litigation team within LCD for a senior English or New York qualified litigation lawyer. The EMEA Litigation team, which comprises three lawyers each of whom report to the EMEA Head of Litigation, provides litigation and contentious regulatory support across EMEA for all business units.
Primary responsibilities will include:-
• Advising on and managing pending and threatened legal (including civil, criminal and administrative) and contentious regulatory proceedings.
• Advising and assisting with dispute prevention and broader risk management in a number of forms, including pre-litigation/pre-investigation advice.
• Identifying risks on the basis of experience and finding ways to minimise or eliminate them.
• Training on litigation risks, advising on policies and procedures, and advising on contracts to ensure that the Firm has all appropriate protections.
• Managing relationships with external Counsel and other service providers.
• Collaborating closely with Legal and Compliance coverage, and other members of the Global Litigation team. Qualifications:
The role requires the following skills and qualities:-
• Excellent judgment, analytical, leadership and communication (written and oral) skills.
• Professional maturity, confidence and presence, in particular, in advising senior management.
• Strong management, organisational and administrative skills.
• Be a collaborative team player.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more