Senior Legal Entity Controller
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 23 Apr 19
Our client, a Global Investment Bank based in Canary Wharf are looking for a Senior Legal Entity Controller. This is an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to join an excellent organisation and increase their understanding and knowledge of an Investment Bank in a role that can offer a lot of progression, growth and visibility across the organisation.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified and have experience working in a controllership capacity with ownership of multiple entities. This is a permanent opportunity, based in Canary Wharf with a basic salary between £65-75k along with a bonus of 20% and a full benefits package.
- The role is responsible for 8 legal entities across Europe and Asia, with aggregate turnover of approximately US$100m reporting under US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS102).
- Responsible for the financial reporting of the businesses EMEA and APAC businesses.
- Management of 1 trainee accountant.
- Provide assistance with the annual budget/forecasting and regulatory deliverables (FRR, ICAAP, ILAA, Recovery Plan, and Pillar 3 Disclosures) as well as ad hoc reporting for Senior Management and the respective Boards.
- Partnering with Treasury and Cash Management to develop and evolve existing models for charging out Cash Capital and Liquidity Reserves based upon the firm's ILAA.
- Ensure that for all responsible entities, reconciliations (incl. entity control, product control and AR accounts) are prepared and reviewed. Carry out overview review and report any concerns to senior management.
Key skills & experience:
- Fully qualified accountant with a strong academic background.
- Experience in a legal entity position.
- Excellent accounting, analytical and reporting skills.
- Exposure to complex reporting issues.
- Proactive attitude.
- Understanding of UK GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS as well as the principles of UK regulatory reporting.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with professionals throughout the organisation.