Senior Legal Entity Controller
- GBP70000 - GBP75000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Marks Sattin FS
- 04 Dec 17 2017-12-04
An international brokerage firm are looking for a Senior Legal Entity Controller.
An international brokerage firm are looking for a Senior Legal Entity Controller to join their growing finance team. You will be in charge of the financial reporting for the EMEA entities.
This is a great role for someone with strong technical and stakeholder management skills who is either looking to make the step up in terms of role or make a move to a larger organisation in which you can take on more responsibility and improve your career development.
You main responsibilities would include:
- Review of the quarterly and annual statutory Group submissions prepared by the Legal Entity controllers.
- Review the annual investment impairment reviews prepared by the Legal Entity Controllers
- Act as the regional expert on IFRS/FRS reporting requirements and work closely with Group Finance to ensure accurate financial statement presentation and with an understanding of new disclosures, etc to pass on to the Statutory Accountants
- Train new users on how to produce the annual statutory accounts and to use the statutory reporting systems
- Plan and co-ordinate the annual statutory accounts process of the EMEA entities to ensure it runs smoothly by interacting with Group finance and the external auditors, and making sure we are all working towards the same objective
- Ensure the annual statutory accounts are prepared by the Statutory Accountants and liaise with internal and external auditors conducting the year end
- Review the annual statutory accounts before they are passed to the external auditors
- Review of month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Review the posting of capital transaction entries posted by the Statutory Accountants
- Coach team members, share knowledge and help them to develop
The successful Candidate will:
- A qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA or Equivalent)
- Post qualified experience within a similar role
- Financial services experience beneficial not essential
- Good technical accounting knowledge.
- Effective communicator both written and verbal.
The salary on offer is in the region of £70,000-75,000 plus benefits and bonus. For immediate consideration please apply online or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact James.Otter@markssattin.com 02077479724