Senior LNG Origination Analyst
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Group
- 15 Sep 17
BSM Group are representing a client seeking a Senior LNG Origination Analyst.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand contractual arrangements and intricacies of the LNG portfolio;
- Develop new and improve existing transaction analysis models to provide high quality deal analytics to support Origination deals, all in compliance with methodologies established in the business
- Own commercial analytics assumptions and coordinate with wider LNG team and other functions to make sure that all assumptions are up-to-date and consistent;
- Coordinate effectively with the Analysts in the LNG Fundamentals, LNG Portfolio team and the Structuring Pricing team and other relevant teams to ensure consistency of approach and robust quality control processes.
- Provide rigorous, commercially sound support and challenge in relation to Origination transactions to identify value and minimise risks;
- Develop decision support documents and present deals and economic evaluations to management;
- Build strategic relationships with core internal business partners in London, Houston, Singapore and Saint Petersburg and exploit cross-commodity synergies for structured transactions;
- Ensure compliance with risk management governance policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain management reports and tools; and
- Develop leads and gather market intelligence.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent financial and analytical skills with advanced computer skills, notably Excel and PowerPoint, and a proven ability to build robust economic models to evaluate deals and quantify risks and value optionality;
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and pressured business environment;
- Tenacious and results orientated, takes initiative and drives for delivery;
- Keen interest to learn how LNG deals and contracts work, attentive to details;
- Strong team player, able to work in an intense and environment of an evolving business to meet tight deadlines with limited supervision;
- Can comfortably navigate through ambiguity and uncertainty to deliver solutions to problems even when there is no precedent to rely on;
- Fluent in English, excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident and articulate; capable of drafting decision support documents and management reports;
- Ability to frame complex problems, apply creative analysis, formulate pragmatic solutions and present effectively;
- Sound understanding of the natural gas and LNG markets and/or other physical (commodities) business;
- Able to adapt focus in line with changing business priorities;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Proven analytical skills and experience building and updating models in line with business requirements;
- Experience in the LNG industry is an advantage