Senior Java Team Lead, Rates, Pricing, Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 14 Oct 18
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Team Lead to lead our Pricing Electronic Trading Team on a contract basis.
You will be part of the RPM development team, which is responsible for all Real-time Pricing and Price Distribution for the Rates business. This involves building real time pricing applications for Bonds, Derivatives and electronic offerings across multiple ECN's and Nomura's single dealer platform.
You will be developing a real-time low latency pricing system with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure our solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality.
You are a self-motivating senior Java team lead with a solid understanding of Rates electronic markets. .
The ideal candidate will need to be confident enough to work from limited verbal specifications and be able to communicate with the business effectively. You need to have a demonstrable track record of owning delivery of a high profile product to demanding business users. You are familiar with the rates market, both cash and derivatives, and understand the value of an intuitive, robust and reliable auto-quoting system to a trading desk.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Experience leading a team of senior developers and meeting delivery deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of core Java APIs (e.g. multi-threading, NIO, GC optimisation)
- Spring framework
- Experience in IRS dealer-to-dealer or dealer-to-client markets
- Object oriented design and development, design patterns
- Database and middleware experience (JMS, Tibco RV, SQL Server)
- Experience with Broadway
- Test driven development (Junit, Mockito, JMock)
- Rates (cash and derivatives) business experience, comfortable with key business concepts
- Excel Development, Visual Basic for Applications
- Experience integrating / working with Fixed Income Analytics Libraries
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.