Senior Java Software Engineer (CMS)
We are looking for a CMS Sr. Java Software Engineer to join our Content Management Team in our engineering team. This team is responsible for implementing and developing on Hippo CMS, our Enterprise CMS platform.
- Help architect and implement solutions on Hippo CMS platform across various brands in DHI - primary focused on Dice and eFinancialCareers brands.
- Perform cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Creates prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Collaborates with Product Owner and other team members in completing deliverables. Translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assists with development of functional designs and resolves complex design issues.
- Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. Collaborates with product, users and customer support to ensure complex issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Extensive experience as a Java developer
- Comfort with HTML/CSS/JS
- Git / Jenkins / Maven
- Experience with Hippo CMS or any Enterprise CMS a plus.
- Experience with Freemarker or other templating engine a plus
- Expertise building apps that communicate with RESTful services
- Strong communication, problem-solving, organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within an Agile project teams to successfully implement customer facing responsive web application
- Bachelor's or higher degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years as a Software Engineer in a product oriented software company
Benefits and Working Environment
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and salary reviews, we offer:
- Group Pension scheme
- Group Life insurance
- Private health coverage and half price gym memberships/gym membership contribution
- 25 days of annual leave per year; summer hours
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme and on site shower facilities
- A great office (complete with games, ping pong and weekly social and wellness events) in the heart of Shoreditch