Senior Java Full Stack Software Engineer (AVP)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Credit Desktop is a heavily used web-based platform in the Credit Risk IB space, offering a rich feature set critical to a number of core functions in the bank across the front, middle & back offices. As the product reaches its sunset, the team need to continue to support the platform while translating today's business challenges into tomorrow's platform.
The strategic platform will be built with Site Reliability Engineering principles in mind to ensure operational aspects are automated where possible and the platform is fast, reliable, scalable, available and easy to deploy fully-tested new features to.
This is an outstanding opportunity to understand real business challenges supported by a legacy application and ultimately translate them into technology solutions in a modern stack.
The project team will span across locations in India, the UK and the US but daily work will involve collaborating with people globally. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the existing team to learn the sun-setting platform and understand its functionalities and complexities.
- Actively develop features on and understand the software lifecycle of the sun-setting platform.
- Provide operational support on an L3-basis via on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Design, develop and test Web UI features using modern standards and technologies across full stack.
- Lead designs of major software components and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of the product.
- Be interested in the business as well as technology aspects of the domain.
- Bring a positive, can-do attitude and be open to all ideas.
We understand the importance of flexible working, and we would welcome a conversation about this. We are open to discussing both formal and informal flexible working arrangements. You Offer Minimum qualifications:
- Extensive software development experience, with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Good experience in the field of software engineering (i.e. working with data structures, algorithms, software design, OO principles).
- Full stack software development experience including Java, HTML 5, Angular/Typescript & SQL.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- Experience in support of the production environment and incident management on an L3 basis.
- Experience in the Credit Risk domain within the investment banking industry.
You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
For more information visit Technology Career
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success