Senior Java Developer - Fund Services Technology – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Fund Services Technology team is looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer to join their highly accomplished technical team.
Fund Services business provides various services to Hedge Funds like Investor Accounting, Portfolio Accounting, Analytics, Reconciliation etc. Fund Services Technology team builds and maintenance software to help Fund Services Business to meet their business goals. Fund Services functionality is a core area of Prime Brokerage business which makes Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage business unique compared to other banks. Fund Services is currently one of the expanding area in Prime Brokerage and huge investments are currently made in IT to expand the business. Fund Services Technology team currently have 100 plus software developers located in New York, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore, now looking at expanding the technology team in London.
The team is very flexible regarding which technologies or approaches we use (start-up company mentality) and everyone is encouraged to think creatively and brainstorm new ideas. We currently use Java 1.8, Angular/Typescript, etc. We are working on a number of new business asks and product offerings along with renovating the system to scale the application by moving to cloud and also to become real-time in every aspect.
- You will be part of the global team, responsible for requirement gathering, designing and implementing solutions. The successful candidate will demonstrate deep technical knowledge and excellent communication skills.
- The focus is on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment, time to market is critical, but we cannot compromise on quality or performance.
- The role offers great business exposure working directly with key stakeholders to implement technical deliverables and deliver the next generation statements and risk management platforms, working in an innovative forward thinking team at the forefront of technological advancements.
- Mentoring and managing a team
- Designing application architecture
- Any object oriented programming language, with willingness to learn and work on any modern technologies
- Writes clean code and has good software design principles
- Enjoys the full SDLC life cycle from working with users to get requirements, coding and releasing to production.
- Follows TDD, BDD and Agile software delivery.
- Not required to have any finance knowledge
- Keen to continuously learn new technologies and enjoy problem solving.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.