Senior Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Headstrong Worldwide
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
- Rapid assimilation & understanding of existing applications and technical environment.
- A desire to take responsibility and ownership of components/processes within the team
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within the peer group
- Support a suite of existing applications within the Cash Trade Processing world.
- Make both tactical / strategic changes to the established code base
- Able to manage another developer
- Provide status reports to a wide audience
- Liaise with developers/development teams/stakeholder but within region, and in other regions.
- Support the existing applications.
- Provide basic project management skills to the team, both locally, and globally.
- Application area is Cash Trade Processing: Trade Validation/Enrichment, Aggregation, Exception management
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Well versed with Java and related frameworks a must.
- Working experience of messaging systems like WebSphere MQ.
- Working knowledge of Solaris/Linux platform APIs, Exceed GUI, Putty.
- Versioning systems like SVN, GIT or Clear case.
- Basic Project Management experience
- Investment Bank Back Office Experience
- Should have good experience with writing database SQL queries in Sybase/Oracle.
- Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Bug tracking tool : JIRA
- Ability to convert business requirements into detailed functional requirements and crafting into a Functional Specifications document
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of C++. XML Processing, Sybase IQ.
- Ability to visualize future state based on requirements and assist in functional architecture.
- Prior experience as a developer in Reference Data.
Domain Skills Requirement:
- Investment Banking Back Office