My client, a large global asset manager, are looking to hire a senior investment writer to join the team. This role will be focused on their institutional DB pensions market, so successful candidates will need knowledge of Fixed Income, LDI and Hedging.
- Generate ideas for powerful content that can influence each stage of the client journey, in line with business strategic objectives.
- Develop fresh ways to market content across different media, including blogs, long-form writing, video, podcasts and social channels.
- Build productive relationships with investment professionals, colleagues in Distribution and other stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of funds and solutions, while monitoring macroeconomic developments and industry trends.
- Contribute to a collaborative and inclusive workplace culture.
- Produce accurate and compliant fund commentary for regular reports, with a focus on fixed income, against tight deadlines; coordinate and proof-read content from external writers.
- Provide support to the broader Marketing team, such as producing events copy, award submissions and comment for the news media.
Essential knowledge/skills for the role:
- BA/BS in English (or a comparable Arts or Languages degree), Economics, Finance or Marketing.
- At least five years of writing experience at an asset manager, agency serving the investment industry or news outlet covering the industry.
- Editing and proof-reading experience.
- Experience of leveraging social media to promote content.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; proficiency in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Deep knowledge of the DB pensions landscape and understanding of the requirements of scheme trustees and other institutional investors.
- A strong command of global financial markets and investment themes – in particular fixed income and liability-driven investment.
- A keen sense of business priorities, and an ability to quickly grasp and communicate the relevance and distinguishing characteristics of one investment approach over another.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and project-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in order to effectively interact with senior executives, investment teams, Marketing colleagues as well as external partners.
- Strategic and creative thinker with attention to detail – ability to work independently.
Desirable knowledge/skills for the role:
- Experience in writing for blogs, hosting or producing podcasts and conducting video interviews.
- Experience in crafting messages for social media platforms.