A top tier asset manager in the city is looking for a Senior Investment Writer, focusing on the institution market, working across a wide range of asset classes. The right candidate will have experience across a wide range of content writing, from market commentary, articles, white papers, but also including shorter pieces for social media and web articles.
- Take accountability for end-to-end creation and execution of investment content in a timely manner, across a range of media, including monthly pieces, press quotes, white papers and social posts.
- Collaborate effectively with a broad network, identifying issues and escalating in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Support the portfolio managers and distribution teams in writing content for sales pitches, and other ah ad-hoc marketing requests.
- Be flexible and demonstrate knowledge of writing for a range of formats and media
- Take the initiative on team functions and challenge the team with new ideas
- Demonstrate a high work rate and measure delivery and impact
- Act as a key source of investment, market and product-related expertise.
- Quality control the work of team members, critically from a messaging and structure perspective, and proofreading.
- Work effectively with a broad network, identifying issues and escalating in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Ensure the appropriate level of consistency across all pieces
- A strong strong investment writer, that has the ability to write forward-thinking investment pieces, preferably for the institutional market
- Degree level qualified, preferably with or studying towards a professional market qualification
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, across multiply initiatives.
- Demonstrable technical investment knowledge across asset classes including credit, equity, and multi-asset.
- Solid understanding of investment management and the financial services industry as a whole, and views on the economic environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.