Senior Investment Writer
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and benefits GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
A global asset manager is looking for two senior investment writers to join a team covering communications, investment insights and thought-leadership material for EMEA and AsiaPac. One role is a 12-month contract and the other is a permanent role.
The individual in this role will:
- Provide effective communication material for clients and new business prospects in the institutional and wholesale markets
- Deliver material ranging from regular reporting to investment insights and topical pieces
- Interact closely with marketing and investment professionals in Europe, the US and Asia.
- Be part of a global investment writing team in a collaborative, deadline-oriented environment.
The writer will contribute to:
- Topical reports, for example portfolio manager interviews, investment views on a particular asset class, educational pieces on a current industry/market issues, and thought leadership pieces.
- Quarterly ‘in focus’ reports – more in depth reports on activity within the fund and market over the quarter.
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and ad hoc client reports, which include market and portfolio commentaries.
The writer’s responsibilities include:
- Staying well-informed about developments in financial markets and our portfolios
- Delivering accurate, relevant and technical content
- Building strong relationships within the writing team, the marketing department and the investment group
- Contributing to the editorial direction of the team based on our business needs.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Experience within an investment writing position at a global asset manager
- A demonstrated ability to capture complex ideas and express them clearly and concisely
- Experience writing for Fixed Income markets would be a real positive
- Commercial focus: able to create ideas and messages that resonate with a sophisticated audience
- Ability to distil multiple sources into a coherent narrative
- Quantitative aptitude: comfortable with analysing data and portfolio reports.
- Ability to identify relevant portfolio changes and interpret the drivers of those changes (market movements, economic events and so on)
- Skilled at interpersonal communication and building strong working relationships
- Creativity at generating ideas which engage with the needs of internal and external clients
- Ability to work well in an international, collaborative team environment.