The Senior Investment Risk Analyst will measure, monitor, analyse and report investment risks (market, liquidity, counterparty credit, leverage, valuation risks etc.) They will also develop and maintain a high standard of investment risk analysis.
My client is a small finance business based in the City of London.
The Senior Investment Risk Analyst will:
- Develop and maintain a high standard of investment risk analysis and reporting across various asset classes
- Maintain and enhance data, modelling and reporting systems & workflows for investment risk processes
- Prepare investment risk analysis and Management Information for various committees, internal stakeholders and regulatory reporting.
- Work with the Head of Investment Risk to implement enhanced risk & quantitative models, risk systems and automated reporting workflows.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Educated, preferably master's level, in Mathematics, Finance or related Quantitative discipline
- 4 years plus years of relevant work experience within Investment Risk in asset management industry (or other buy side FS firm)
- Good quantitative and programming skills with good proficiency in Excel VBA and experience in using Bloomberg. Proficiency in languages like R or Python and in databases is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of return and risk characteristics of various asset classes
- Highly developed numerical, analytical and report writing skills.
- A proactive, self-motivated team player
- A lateral thinker with excellent problem solving and organisational ability
This is a permanent role based in the City of London.