A unique opportunity has arisen for a talented and driven middle office accountant to join a fantastic Investment manager. This is your chance to join a global, fast-paced environment providing extensive operational support to a Global Traded Credit investment team. Be part of a growing firm and play a key role in building the foundation of the company's Liquid Operations team to support ambitious strategic and AUM growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a fast-paced and market-leading Liquid Operations team.
The role will be varied and have plenty of scope to evolve and develop over time. As things stand, they want this candidate to join the team and take the lead on issues around:
- Restructurings - complex and high profile deals;
- Working closely with distressed assets (secondary and syndicated loans);
- Risk Management;
- Valuations (DCF Modelling);
- Supporting successful desks in London and the US.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, and/or Finance a plus).
- ACA or ACCA a plus.
- Prior experience with Advent Geneva
- Experienced and confident communicator (both oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills using Excel. Knowledge of Bloomberg and SQL a plus
- Strong distressed debt product knowledge (bank debt, trade claims, etc).
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious
- Ability to meet deadlines and qualitative and quantitative expectations
- Proactive and willing to take on responsibility (especially under pressure)
- Adaptable and decisive
- Strong relationship building skills
- Business controls orientation
- Flexible with regards to work schedule
- Process and procedure driven
This will be a varied and fast-paced role with plenty of scope to develop and progress internally. An ideal opportunity for a level-headed and ambitious accountant to join a thriving business and really build your career.