Senior International Wealth Planner
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like â€hard workâ€ and â€dedicationâ€ together with â€communityâ€ and â€respectâ€ has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Mission Description of the Business Line or Department
SG Hambros Wealth Planning offers a comprehensive wealth planning service that complements our investment management expertise, allowing us to provide an integrated and coordinated approach to managing a clientâ€™s wealth, whilst maximising the opportunities available. Our Wealth Planning advice is tailored to our clients whether they be UK or International covering areas such as: retirement planning. investment structuring, financial protection, succession planning along with trust and judiciary services and cross border planning. The key objective of the team is to maximise the revenue and asset gathering through providing a comprehensive wealth planning offering to SG Hambros clientâ€™s. Summary of the key purposes of the role
• To provide independent financial planning advice to clients, with a focus on international and non-domicile clients introduced by Senior Private Bankers (SPBs). The primary source of new business will be Senior Private Bankers based in the UK and particular emphasis will be placed on development of profitable working relationships with all colleagues and their clients.
• Group resource for Legal and Tax related queries, supporting with investment structuring from a legal and tax perspective.
• To assist with the management, development and promotion of relationships with professional intermediaries and introducers.
• The provision of advice is not restricted to the clients of UK based CRMs, and does include the UK resident clients of Channel Islands and Gibraltar based CRMs. Summary of responsibilities
• Provision of high quality independent financial advice to clients as required.
• To work with CRMs to assist in delivery of comprehensive wealth management solutions to existing clients and to assist with the acquisition of new criteria clients
• Develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of client Estate Planning and financial needs
• To source and research new financial planning strategies and products
• Organisation of work in accordance with Bank compliance procedures including keeping appropriate written records
• Provision of regular annual reviews to clients to include the creation and maintenance of appropriate records.
• To ensure ongoing development in accordance with training and competence requirements, ensuring all annual mandatory internal training is completed on time
• Development of annual personal business objectives and development plans in concert with overall Financial Planning team objectives, including financial objectives
• Marketing of Financial Planning services to CRMs and other introductory opportunities that may arise, both within and outside the SGH Group
• Internal and external presentations
• Support with Wealth planning internal communications
• Whenever appropriate, to co-ordinate in depth advice with in-house trust, tax advisers and investment management services
• Act as a mentor and a role model to the Wealth Planning team, sharing knowledge and experience
• Promoting professional and public awareness of the company and its services in accordance with Group procedures
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships Level of autonomy and authority
Escalate or refer when outside control and remit as and when required Profile Competencies
- Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- Superior knowledge of civil law, common law, trusts and trust law, company law
- Non Dom/Non Res international tax and financial planning experience
- Extensive financial planning experience with advanced technical knowledge in more complex areas
- Can demonstrate superior knowledge of financial products and services
- Ability to understand and analyse legal and regulatory requirements and developments
- Analytical Thinking
- Ability to develop and mentor others
- Sophisticated relationship management skills with strong business development aptitude
- Change Management
- Strategic & Commercial Awareness
- Professionalism & Enterprise
- Team Spirit & Collaboration
- Innovation with Focus
- CII Level 6 Chartered Financial Planner
- STEP qualification desirable but not essential
- French (desirable)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.