Senior Internal Auditor
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. What you will be doing:
Do you love knowing how businesses work - top down, bottom up and end to end? Do you have great attention to detail and at the same time are you able to see the bigger picture? Would you like to support & challenge the business to create a process & control environment that helps things go right and resolves things that have gone wrong? Are you comfortable building relations with people across all levels of organisation and communicating with a positive impact? If the answer is yes then we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join our new and growing team. This is a new role, with a great opportunity for you to put your personal stamp on it and maximise value-add and impact. Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the wider Internal Audit team to make sure our plan focuses on the priority risk areas across Funding Circle.
- Delivering assurance work across a variety of operational teams, end to end business processes and thematic areas.
- Taking ownership of the end to end internal audit lifecycle and delivering to time and quality standards.
- Managing ongoing engagements and partnering with the business to support delivery of Internal Audit engagements.
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with management, control owners and other key stakeholders within the business.
- Assisting with the confirmation, tracking and validation of issues and recommendations raised.
- Developing and leveraging wider network relationships to get outside-in perspectives on hot topics and areas of assurance innovation and improvement.
Why should you join us?
- Experienced senior internal auditor (3+ years), ideally with a relevant professional qualification (i.e. CMIIA / CCAB) awarded or awaiting award (e.g. in the process of completing your professional experience journal).
- Broad exposure and experience of assuring key operational & thematic processes and controls in a fintech or financial services environment - e.g. fraud prevention & detection; conduct risk management; lending & fulfilment; electronic payments, supplier management, change management.
- Able to effectively project manage the end to end audit lifecycle, demonstrating a strong understanding of business processes, risks and controls, with excellent attention to detail and strong focus on the quality of deliverables.
- In-depth knowledge of audit methodologies and analytical skills.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated in using expertise to help support and deliver organisational strategic priorities.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and negotiation skills, comfortable dealing with a range of colleagues to senior levels.
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.