Senior Internal Audit - Banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 May 19
An SME Banking client of ours is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to undertake internal audits in accordance with the approved Audit Plan. You will have to provide assurance and an independent assessment of risks within the Bank, and the adequacy, effectiveness of controls in place to manage them.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Undertake specific assigned audits in accordance with the department’s established risk based methodology and within agreed timescales.
- Make recommendations in respect of weaknesses identified in the systems and controls of the bank.
- Keep the Head of Internal Audit appraised of the progress of audits.
- Critically review existing audit methodology and propose enhancements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Assist in the preparation for Audit Committee meetings.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in other departmental activities.
- Ensure technical knowledge and knowledge of best internal audit practice is kept up to date.
Skills required to be considered for this role:
Professionally qualified (ICAEW/ACCA/IIA or equivalent). With around five years’ experience in audit (must have some internal audit experience from a bank). High standards of technical knowledge (business areas and internal audit field) – audit experience of AML Controls, Treasury, IT, Credit Process (front to back), trade finance would be preferred. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; Excellent report writing skills; Fine attention to detail; Disciplined approach to audit work and ability to meet tight deadlines; Excellent interpersonal skills; Chinese language skills (spoken and written) would be an advantage but not essential.