Our Client, an asset manager based in London, are looking to hire a Senior Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Desktop Support on a either a 6 month FTC (£50k annual) or Inside IR35 contract (£230 PD)
The Senior Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for all aspects of Desktop Support as they relate to a given T. Rowe Price location or, if part of the Systems Management team, the overall desktop environment. The Sr. Analyst is also the primary contact for the business users for technical issues, production problems, and inquiries. This position is responsible for designing, implementing, documenting, and monitoring desktop solutions to improve the overall user experience. The position schedules routine off-hour and weekend support, may be called on to provide emergency Business Continuity or other critical off-hour support, and is the on-call contact as needed.
- You will be responsible for the build, deploy and maintenance of mobile platfroms including IOS products, Windows laptops and Macbooks.
- Responsible for the functional and administrative management of critical systems; proactively manages and monitors desktop vulnerabilities, deployment systems, and desktop standardisation.
- Provide support including training, mentoring, acting as subject matter expert for certain software groups, answers questions, along with representing the group in large multi-divisional projects.
- Provide front-line support for Trade Desk environment, including installing and configuring market data applications and interfacing directly with the traders and senior management.
- Develop and track performance measures and analyses results to determine best system configuration.
- Manage significant break/fix situations and installations of software upgrades as projects on the software that they are assigned. Identifies the issue, creates project plan and timelines, ensures that the tasks are carried out and measures results against the plan.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven financial markets experience from an Asset management or Investment banking background
- Detailed understanding of Mac OS and iOS platforms and the deployment of these systems in an enterprise
- High level understanding of the Operating System (Windows 7, Windows 10) and the underlying infrastructure that they support
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Desktop Support Analyst in a financial environment
- Excellent market data experience to include either Bloomberg or Factset
- Proven experience in providing support in a Citrix environment is essential for the role
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to formulate information into shared documents
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of management
- High level understanding of the Microsoft SMS/SCCM environment
- High level understanding of Packaging languages: Install Shield and Wise Packaging tools and a high level understanding of MSI packages
- Good understanding of the Anti-Virus infrastructure and procedures
- Active Directory – Policies, Groups, and Users
- Ability to provide 24x7/365 support through on-call rotation
- Provides 24 hour pager support and performs off-hours support as needed
- Technical degree or Microsoft qualifications
- ITIL certifications