- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Jan 18
Senior IT Business Analyst
Location: London, England, United KingdomThis role will serve as lead business analyst for development projects, working with internal clients and the technology team to improve business processes and the capability and stability of software. The role will focus specifically on the Moody's Analytics product price calculators within our business systems platform. This will call for interfacing with product managers to capture their vision and pricing methodology, as it relates to their products and translating that into online price calculators which adhere to current business processes and best practices while working as part of a cross-functional team.
• Work closely with the internal clients to design the functionality based on the business requirements.
• Solicit and collect feedback from internal stakeholders and clients to help define the business requirements for new product releases.
• Assist in the preparation of use cases and/or specific requirements based on the information collected from the stakeholders and clients with supervision.
• Ensure that new features are implemented according to specification, through collaborating with our development and quality assurance teams
• Assist in providing content and reviewing documentation for release or new features.
• Support training activities on the technical and analytical aspects of the product.
• Demonstrate the key features and values of products to clients and end users.
•Assist with support calls that involve product issues.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• At least 8 to 10 years' experience in various aspects of systems development, including development, project management, business analysis, UI design, with a minimum of 3 years in a Business Analyst position.
• Experience with a large, functionally diverse, and informed user base that demands high quality applications is desired.
• Experience with business process engineering, organizational change management, performing cost-benefit analyses, data modeling, normalization, and SQL queries are all desirable.
Key Tech and Non-Technical Skills:
• Strong meeting/workshop facilitation skills and documented experience.
• Experience with CRM (Salesforce, MS Dynamics, etc.)
• Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills; team-oriented.
• Strong leadership skills across both single discipline and multi-discipline teams.
• Experience with application integration and developing workflow and functional Use Cases.
• Demonstrated experience with iterative or agile project methodologies.
• Basic understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (including waterfall, RUP, and/or Agile) and industry best practices. Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, and curious.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to author a range of high-quality deliverables.
• Proven track record of the ability to identify and interpret business requirements into application (functional) requirements and IT solutions.
• Proven ability to articulate application requirements and functionality to IT peers.
• Demonstrated ability to manage different and often conflicting objectives/activities at one time.
• Experience in quickly and effectively adjusting priorities and goals in changing circumstances.
• Maturity in dealing with all levels of business and IT management including Directors and Senior Management. Strengthen relationships across business by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
• Proven customer service skills necessary to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
• Strong adaptability skills to learn different technologies.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.