Senior Haskell Software Engineer
This role is within a successful mortgage broker start-up. Since their launch in 2016, they have made it their mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, they have developed an award-winning service that puts their customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. They deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever. Responsibilities:
- Playing a leading role in the evolution of their system architecture, driving best practices and development processes throughout your crew and the wider engineering team.
- Contributing to their culture of automated testing and specification, be it through well-designed strongly-typed interfaces, property testing or end-to-end integration and system tests.
- Working closely with non-technical crew members to focus on building systems that directly serve their customers as much as possible.
- Experience with typed, functional programming (PureScript, Haskell, F#, Scala/Cats/Scalaz, Elm, TypeScript, Flow, ML).
- You're keen to learn more about some of the technologies they use and concepts they believe in (functional programming, static type systems, event sourcing).
- You're comfortable dealing with ambiguity and making decisions (and helping others make decisions) in the face of limited information.
- You are excited about the autonomy they're trying to foster and you want a strong sense of ownership of yours and your team's work.
- A proven track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches and snacks
- Free healthcare & life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited holiday
- Cycle to Work scheme
£70k - 90k base + stock Contact
To apply for this role please email your CV to: Kishan Patel