Senior Governance and Secretariat Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 Sep 17
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the FCTM team. Responsibilities will include to:
- Define and Implement the organisational structure of the function as a whole, working closely with FCTM senior management to ensure that each department and location can meet its objectives from a resource perspective while remaining within the hiring limits set at the FCR level as well as for the implementation of the FCTM TOM and supporting organisational aspects of the FCTM people plan.
- Manage resources collecting, compiling and helping in prioritizing the requirements from all FCTM sub functions and regions and coordinating and achieving sign off for solutions to those requirements from the relevant FCTM Excos and Management Committees.
- Assist in the definition and manage the implementation and maintenance of the overall governance model for FCTM, including defining who has authority, who makes decisions, how others make their voice heard, the correct escalation process and how account is rendered.
- Define, develop and own the organizational MI for the function that will drive both the hiring and headcount data & decisions as well as the downstream resource MI used within the function to define caseloads, regulatory obligations and intelligence management as well as MI to support the overall Governance function and issue management
- Work closely with other project streams within Integration and FCR Transformation to ensure that collective targets are met, dependencies are defined and communicated and risks and issues are highlighted and mitigated where possible.
- Work closely with colleagues in the COO and CAO functions as well as HR and Legal to help formulate a cohesive model to fulfill the staffing, location and organisational requirements across FCTM
- The role holder would also be responsible for establishing seamless, trusting and mutually supportive relationships with the other components of FCTM, FCR and GIIG.
- To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following criteria:
- Experience with organisational frameworks and strategies, preferably within a Financial Crime or Intelligence environment
- Experience with architectural frameworks and strategy (TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner would be beneficial but not mandatory)
- Experience with project management methodologies (LEAN, Agile etc. would be beneficial but not mandatory)
- Extensive demonstrable experience with workflow and/or case management in a financial or intelligence environment
- Extensive demonstrable experience with complex workflows and MI
- Experience in building strong stakeholder relationships across geographies, functions and cultures in large international organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of organizational planning, resource mobilization, problem solving, influencing and delivery Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to highly complex tasks
- Experienced in successfully delivering large programmes of work (preferably within CRM, case management or financial crime, regulatory compliance contexts)
- Experience in operating within a global regulatory environments. (Banking experience is a strong preference)
- Accountancy qualification would be desirable but not essential
For further details and application information please apply online
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.