Senior Funder Analyst, Home Finance
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Canada Life Home Finance is an award-winning provider of equity release mortgages designed to meet the needs of UK homeowners aged 55 and over. The person in this role will be a key member of the Funder Management team supporting internal and external stakeholders through data driven insights.
The key elements of the role will include:
• Funder Management: You will support internal and external funders through intelligence gathering, data analysis and management reporting through regular meetings and ad-hoc requests. You will prepare content for Joint Management Board meetings and other key meetings and you will lead on the automation of standard reports, delivering insightful and engaging information and analysis.
• Business Insight: You will support the Home Finance business with analytical insights, partnering with Senior Managers across various functions to drive analysis and insights that guide good decision-making. You could be involved in anything from root-cause analysis to resolve operational problems to projecting new business sales volumes by customer type.
• Pricing Analysis: You will work with Sales, Proposition and Pricing teams to monitor the competitiveness of our product range, understand market dynamics and identify opportunities to drive volume and/or profitability in line with Funder appetite.
• Strategic Support: You will provide support to the leadership team on strategic initiatives. Examples of this could be scenario planning, resource forecasting or exploring the pros and cons of different pricing strategies to optimise earnings.
• Stakeholder Management: You will have regular opportunities to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, helping them to define their requirements and interpret the analysis and insights you create.
Whilst, at the moment, we are all working from home, the Home Finance team are based at our London City office and you would need to be able to attend the office from time to time (once or twice a week).
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced analyst with a minimum 2:1 degree in a numerical or business related subject, and ideally have experience of the financial services market. Technically you will need to be proficient using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and be comfortable extracting data using SQL. Experience with analytical tools (such as Power BI, Google Data Studio) would be advantageous but not essential. This is a commercially focussed analytical role, so you will need strong stakeholder management skills and be able to demonstrate commercial awareness.
What you'll like about working here
- Actively surface and tackle tough business issues and lead the charge on resolution?
- Actively seek feedback and opportunities to grow?
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences