Senior Fund Controller - Real Estate
- £100-120,000 plus benefits and bonus of 30-50% as a guide
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting UK
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
A leading global real estate fund manager have just begun their search for a senior fund controller for a pivotal and highly commercial role supporting their European real estate portfolio.
A leading global real estate fund manager have just begun their search for a senior fund controller for a pivotal and highly commercial role supporting their European real estate portfolio. The firm have been operating in Europe for over ten years and have recently begun fund raising for another dedicated real estate fund that will focus on a mixture of growth as well as distressed opportunities.
This business facing role will work closely with the CFO as well as various front office MDs, acting as their trusted advisor in a senior and autonomous role suited to an aspiring FD or CFO of the future. Heading up a small fund accounting team the position provides overall responsibility for all accounting, operational and deal support matters:
- Responsible for all fund accounting and reporting for a pan European real estate portfolio.
- Deal support to the investment team from acquisitions and disposals to working on refinancing arrangements.
- Key point of contact between front, middle and back office stakeholders.
- Oversight of investment holding structures ensuring all finance deliverables are covered. This will include building up positive and productive relationships with service providers across Europe.
- Cashflow and liquidity management including ensuring appropriate FX hedging is in place and credit facilities are available for the funds
- Involvement in a host of ad hoc project work.
Your background is likely to include:
- Qualified accountant with preferably initial training in an accounting firm in audit, tax or transaction services.
- Previous real estate fund and deal support experience gained in an investment house is essential given the highly technical nature of the role.
- Pan-European funds experience and good international/cross border experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a busy and often unpredictable high volume deal environment.
- High levels of gravitas, professionalism, integrity and a strong work ethic.
Salary is c£100-120,000 base plus benefits and bonus of 30-50% as a guide.