Senior Fund Administrator *Potters Bar Location*
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Canada Life Limited
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
The role is within the UK Unit Linked Pricing team that forms part of the Investment Financial Services area, which provides professional Investment Financial Services to multiple clients with Assets under administration of approx. £35bn. Reporting into the Unit Pricing Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing and overseeing the business critical, regulated day to day Unit Linked Pricing tasks. Success in the job will be evidenced by contributions to, and leadership of, day to day operational performance e.g. Timely Publication of Unit Prices, minimal business errors / Losses etc.
Senior Fund Administrator – Unit Pricing
Tasks include but are not limited to -
- Unit Linked Fund pricing of circa 380 funds
- Application of pricing controls and validation of fund prices
- Price publication
- Collating fund cash flows for the Front Office
- Custody cash and stock reconciliations including making journals as necessary
- Maintaining and developing KPI’s and MI
- Working on small change projects and larger Company driven initiatives
- Performance individually of, as well as the oversight of the team in relation to, the above tasks
- 3-5+ years relevant fund pricing experience ideally servicing Unit Linked business but fund pricing experience within Collective Investment Schemes is also suitable.
- Experience of performing unit price validation to a level where candidates can explain fund price validation differences and sign off the fund prices without errors (or with a small amount of training would have the ability to do so).
- Experience of managing and controlling complex processes to meet deadlines, in a sometimes high pressure environment.
- Experience of contributing to and working on change projects, both large and small.
- Able to discuss detailed and technical issues with senior investment personnel with confidence.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is very important.
- Broad working knowledge of the investment operations back office.
- An understanding of basic accounting principles with strong numeric and system skills.
- Ability to think analytically as well as highly motivated and hard working.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and logical approach to continuous improvement initiatives, problem solving & managing issues.
- Ability to learn and understand processes with a view to identifying issues and minimising impacts to the team and the wider department.
- Able to effectively train team members at varying levels of the development cycle.
- Ability to work collaboratively and adjust to fluctuating work volumes (including delegation when required).
- Ability to work independently; candidates should be proactive using initiative and demonstrating commitment to getting the job done and take personal responsibility for achieving results.
- 5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- IOC Exams (ACSI) or qualified by experience
- Educated to degree level
- Part qualified to at least CIMA certificate or ACCA Fundamentals level