A very strong 12 month FTC contract role has come up for a strong fund accountant. Our client is looking for at least 5 to 7 years’ experience leading the annual fund audit and working in a Fund Accounting capacity within a Hedge Fund/Asset Manager. Full flexibility available...
This role represents a greta chance for a solid 12 month FTC where the person will be able to do this role remotely if they so wish.
Our client is looking for the following skills....
Experience dealing with annual fund audits
- Ownership of Fund Audit planning, acting as the central point of contact for all parties involved
- Maintaining ongoing dialogue with all parties to address questions in timely manner
- Familiarity with content and preparation of Audited Financial Statements
- Readiness to challenge integrity of draft financials
Familiarity with fund accounting treatment and valuations of other asset classes such as
o Interest Rate Swaps
Hands-on experience and fundamental understanding of their nature and purpose of regular Fund Accounting responsibilities such as
- Preparation of Net Asset Value (NAV)
- Profit-and-Loss (P&L) reporting, including attribution to shareclasses
- Series vs. Equalization accounting
- High Water Mark and Hurdle rate concepts
- Management and Performance fee substantiation
- Fund expenses substantiation
- Invoice payments and expense accrual maintenance
- Handling of capital in- and outflows (subscriptions and redemptions), including adherence to Fund terms and recording of transactions
- Reconciliations to Fund Administrator reports
- Fund tax returns, such as Withholding, Capital Gains, or Transactions tax
- Preparation and distribution of reports to Investor Relations
- Researching new securities in the Fund for the purpose of proper accounting treatment, compliance with regulators, tax, and fund prospectus restrictions and limitations
A very good role which really will give someone a chance to work on a focused Fund Accountant role with full flexibiity to work from home or even part time if required,