Senior Full Stack Engineer - Instant Bloomberg
Bloomberg data moves global financial markets - but only when people can converse about it. The Communication Channels Applications team is responsible for building and maintaining the tools that connect Bloomberg's network of 350,000 financial professionals. Our applications seamlessly link the myriad of financial and data applications on the Bloomberg Professional Service, making us crucial to the company's success.
Instant Bloomberg (IB) is Bloomberg's instant messaging system, which is used by the Bloomberg community for real-time communication including exchanging quotes, trade confirmations, breaking news alerts and help desk inquiries. On a daily basis, we're tasked with selecting and implementing the best solutions to support our clients' workflows across geographic location and asset classes. We have a user-base unlike any other in the company and deliver billions of post events per day. As a full-stack engineer on our IB Application team, we'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Learn new technologies while mentoring and being mentored by colleagues with different experience and seniority.
- Collaborate closely with our UX and business stakeholders to seek requirements and implement extensible solutions
We'd love to see:
- Extensive experience with software development, object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for testing, rapid delivery and continuous integration
You will use:
- Enthusiasm for full-stack debugging and analytical problem solving
- Experience designing real-time distributed systems
- Experience with C++
- Contributions to OSS
- Experience with Agile software development
- Git, Jenkins, Github, JIRA
- Agile methodologies, Scrum
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know. If this sounds like you, apply!
And do check out our blog, TechAtBloomberg.com/ to learn more.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.