Senior Full Stack Developer, Vice President
Description About this role
About the team
Sales and Distribution Systems (SDS) within the Aladdin Product Group is responsible for the core systems used to manage the money-flow lifecycle which drives the core investment process. Our primary objective is to ensure that systems are highly scalable and reliable to support ongoing business demands and increases in client investment activity.
SDS contributes heavily to the evolution of the Aladdin platform which directly influences the product's market share! The team has a growing project list working on the core Aladdin platform at BlackRock. There is regular interaction with global teams, business operations groups and client management. We have a global footprint with team members in Atlanta, Delaware, London, Budapest, India and Singapore.
About the role
This position is for an experienced full stack developer to join the team building Aladdin's client order capture and management systems. This team is responsible for delivering to the Client Order Management (COM) business the tools to build, query and authorize client's investment instructions from receipt to settlement. We look after full stack web applications consisting of AngularJS and Angular front ends along with Java servers using enterprise technologies such as messaging, caching and coordination. Our software is fully Aladdin and the candidate will receive exposure to a large part of the wider Aladdin offering.
- Deliver software solutions to time, budget and quality. He or she should have the desire to get along with portfolio management, trade and business operations globally.
- Be passionate about building full stack solutions that are resilient, secure and scalable to function in an intensive business environment.
- Drive and improve the development process
- Partner with SMEs, users and tech leads to craft and engineer the best solutions
- Be involved in all aspects of the SDLC and help to improve it.
- Ensure best practices are adhered to with a passion for clean, maintainable code regardless of technology.
The ideal candidate will have a background in delivering low latency, concurrent and fault tolerant software. They will have demonstrated the ability to make architectural decisions, understand business processes to deliver the cleanest solutions.
Essential q ualifications
- Extensive experience with multi-tier transactional architecture and design
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development in Java and web development stacks (Angular, NodeJS, HTML & CSS)
- Experience using Agile methodologies, including participating in sprints
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about software unit and application testing.
- Ability to work in a global team-environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to present and convey ideas
- Strong attention to detail; willing to take action attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Being a Scrum Master on an Agile project
- Cucumber BDD testing
- Database: Sybase, Apache Ignite
- Event / Stream processing technologies, eg Kafka
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.