Senior Frontend Engineer - Enterprise Knowledge Graph
The office of the CTO focuses on the corporate technical strategy to deliver the companies objectives. This includes practical engagement with all business units on product design, architecture, technology selection and governance. The office strives for horizontal alignments across all business units to benefit from economies of scale. In certain cases, the office will utilize capital investment on key initiatives to deliver immediate value or remediate high risk areas through structured programs. Maintains a focus on innovation to keep ahead of market trends in an effort to create new business value. Your Role
The candidate would be working in dynamic development culture as part of OCTO, driving success through software design, delivery of reference implementations and general knowledge sharing. Accountable for the successful execution of technology projects including support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major products. Further, candidate would be expert at adapting easily to rapidly changing environments to ensure bottom-line success with leadership capabilities that enable them to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Front end (UI) design and development required to implement the Enterprise Knowledge Graph
- Clearly understands data visualization and UI workflow principles
- Can develop both frontend visualization capabilities and backend presentation layers
- Recommends software solutions and/or new technologies based upon business value drivers, proven architecture principles, patterns and return on investment
- Influencing common data modeling, design, coding and documentation practices
- Defines reference documentation in support of developed solutions
- Experience of working with development methodologies like Agile, Kanban.
- Presenting demos to a business audience
This highly motivated individual will have responsibility for front end development of quality software related the Enterprise Knowledge Graph platform which intends to connect all data within IHS Markit. The successful candidate will need to be capable of working with staff in all centres remotely.
What we offer
- 5+ years of experience in software development/design in relevant technology disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a Business, Financial or Technical field.
- Experienced with hands on development in progressive frontend stacks, such as Angular and Node.js
- Experience with Angular, Typescript, RxJS, state management libraries such as NGXS, HTML and CSS is a must while familiarity with Apollo GraphQL and D3 would be a benefit.
- Familiarity with building on and deploying services to 3rd party platforms such as AWS and interfacing using infrastructure as code tools such as terraform.
- Knowledge applying a test-driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level
- Fully remote working environment
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.