Senior Front-Office Application Developer - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands on development VP to join our growing team in London.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join a highly professional front office facing development team. You will be working on the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment. You will be leading a team of developers locally and interacting with the global team on a regular basis.
- You will participate and own some of the technical design and decisions to help build new and innovative tools for the Multi Asset portfolio managers.
- You will partner with business stakeholders to understand needs and objectives. Act as the local liaison between the business (Investment teams, Trading, Operations, Compliance) and the technology group
- You will need to form strong long term partnerships with business stakeholders. You will also understand business needs and priorities, and provide thought leadership on potential solutions and the opportunities for technology to impact the team
- Full-stack developer with strong core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment;
- Experience leading small teams of technologists and proven ability to attract and develop key talent
- Excellent analytical skills, anticipates issues and deals with them proactively
- Knowledge of various asset classes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field; advanced education preferred
- Track record working in front-office environment in the financial industry, ideally in investment management
- In-depth understanding of the full software development life cycle. Deep familiarity with modern software development and design concepts encompassing a range of languages and platforms
- Demonstrates a passion for technology innovation balanced with a pragmatic approach to developing and deploying solutions that best benefit the business.
- Highly collaborative, works effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across a variety of functions.
- Promotes and demonstrates a culture of front to back ownership
- Self-confident leader with a proactive approach and excellent communication skills.
- Nimble, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity; able to course correct when circumstances change.
- Exceptionally client focused, builds relationships across the organization.