Our client is a successful banking group offering corporate, retail and private banking services. Well-capitalised and well-managed, the Bank has seen growth in profits consistently year-on-year, operating with a solid track record of retaining and developing staff and their careers. Their London office is now looking to add a Senior Financial Modelling Analyst (ACA/ACCA/CIMA fully qualified) to their Finance function. This is a newly-created growth hire position and would work closely with the Financial Controller with financial modelling (the models have already been built but do need updating, maintaining, applying, etc.), stress testing and IFRS 9 report writing.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with experience from the banking or financial services sector (with ideally a min. of 4-5 years post-qualified experience)
- Financial modelling experience (must be able to build models themselves)
- Strong grasp and understanding of IFRS 9 with understanding of IFRS 9 modelling components. This individual will be engaging in report writing on IFRS 9 (and new IFRS standards in the future)
- Stress testing experience with credit risk and capital adequacy knowledge and experience around the preparation of ICAAP, ILAAP & RRP financials
- Excellent stakeholder management, relationship building and finance business partnering skills
This role will work within the Finance team and be responsible for all aspects of IFRS 9 modelling and the associated policies, procedures and disclosures. Its primary responsibility is to liaise with Risk, external consultants and auditors to ensure that the Bank complies with all relevant legislation and consequently the accuracy of financial reports. The jobholder will also be responsible for the preparation of the ICAAP and ILAAP stress testing reports, co-ordination of the Bank’s RRP and acting as data quality lead within the team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Ownership of the IFRS 9 Operating Model and Governance process. This includes all aspects of the IFRS 9 methodology to include model inputs, staging, policies, procedures, data quality, financial statement disclosures and all associated analysis.
Promote a culture of control awareness and best practice across the IFRS 9 impairment process.
Working with the Risk team to produce ICAAP and ILAAP stress and scenario testing modelling.
Co-ordinate the production of the Bank’s RRP.
Analyse report data across Finance to effectively identify data quality issues and liaise with Risk and Operations to implement appropriate remediation plans.
Assist in preparation/review of management report.
Review upcoming financial reporting legislation as required.
- IFRS 9 subject-matter expert with understanding of IFRS 9 modelling components
- Detailed credit risk and capital adequacy knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS and CRD IV legislation
- Solid post qualified experience of financial modelling in the Financial Services sector.
- Strong first-hand experience of IFRS 9 modelling
- Report writing in a professional environment
- Preparation of ICAAP, ILAAP & RRP financials