- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 18
Senior Financial Data Associate (Credit Estimates) EMEA & ASIA
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role
To provide and coordinate a comprehensive business administration service to management and analytical teams requesting and producing Credit Estimates. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing requests from external clients, co-coordinating delivery with the appropriate Line of Business (LOB) and for timely invoicing of such requests. The role also involves, mapping Structured Finance Assets to Moody's internal ratings, for application in monitoring and communication of Credit Estimates, In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to management on assigned projects.
• Monitoring Credit Estimates requests from LOBs and Collateralised Loan Obligation (CLO) Managers sent to the central e-mailbox.
• Logging, updating and maintaining the CE requests and outcomes in TRACE (Tracking & Reporting Application for Credit Estimates)
• Checking the information package adequacy that are received with each CE request
• Communicating CE, withdrawals, public ratings and the creation of new CEs
• Mapping CE names from Trustee reports via CORE to Moody's internal naming conventions.
• Coordinating with Corporate Controllers and Commercial Group with support information required for Accruals and Invoice generation.
• Compiling Initial and Annual billing information from CDO Trustee reports and our own records.
• Sending out billing confirmation emails and compile invoice request sheet once estimates has been confirmed.
• Providing ad-hoc assistance for - among other projects - mapping exercises where comparison of a bank's internal ratings to our portfolio of estimates is required in support of SFG, system enhancements and UAT testing.
The Department / Team:
The Ratings Desk Services (RDS) provides transaction management support, workflow coordination, rating desk services, and other broad operational support to Moody's Investors Service's Rating teams. The department works closely with the lines of business to improve both business process and data quality across the rating lifecycle. The RDS has over 100 employees in 5 countries and is a key player in business process development, new company wide initiatives, and technology projects.
Moody's Investors Service
Qualifications/ Person Specification
• Bachelors Degree in Science or Financial discipline
• Relevant and proven work experience
• Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills preferred
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and manage parallel workflow streams
• Sound interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Comfortable communicating with senior staff to follow up on open items
• Previous data entry experience; experience with financial data preferred
• Experience identifying financial documents (audits, YTD financials, credit agreements, etc.)
• Working Knowledge of CLO/CDO and other Structured Asset Classes - preferred not essential
• Ability to work with internal and external customers
• Working to tight deadlines
• Work using own initiative and without close supervision
• Client Focus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.